SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 1457 Posts

·
== Lord of Skeleton ==
2,130 Posts
I think BKK needs supertall tower which should be located among cluster of shorter buildings.
it doesn't look nice seeing such tall tower like baiyok II standing alone!
Hope this project won't bring same feeling :)

·
Or is it?
10,767 Posts
supertalls should be located next to Baiyoke II then or else it will look weird being the only tall standing in the others. like Taipei 101

·
38,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
This one is pretty closed to Baiyoke ;), thus I dont really think Bangkok needs super tall...It's just personal demand..thats all :D

·
Kikapu!
1,869 Posts
Chad said:
This one is pretty closed to Baiyoke
Yeah...they are close at eachother
This photoe taken from top of Baiyoke2 (before merging with 3d rendering)...so you can imagine how the future skyline that comprise of Baiyoke 2 and Bangkok twin tower will be.

·
38,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Iron horse rider dlx
4,278 Posts
I think we shouldn't worry too much about the design right now. I imagine it will change before construction begins, and we will get more detailed renderings to drool over.

Maybe this is just a massing study - it's very symmetric.

·
Rukpong
4,406 Posts
i dont think BKK needs supertall............
just having a world class icon would be enough.............
like chicago they have sears........
HK the HSBC building............
NY the Empire State........
just something classy and unique.............

·
Registered
218 Posts
Classy and smart is what I like as well. :) If it's planned well, it'd be worth the effort. If it does happen, how soon will we see construction anyway??

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
In terms of the scale of the development I think it will be good to have a couple of 'taller' buildings to break up the monotonous skyline along Asoke, Petchaburi Road corridor (typically consists of 30-45 storey buildings).
There's potential to create a new landmark here.
A twin tower like the concept design is a bold statement! I think visitors to Bangkok will remember it when they arrive to the city from the new airport. They will be awestruck like stepping into a futuristic city!! Of course they will have to work on detail designs later..but at least they now have the framework to begin with. May be SRT will decide to tender the project to private developers and consider the most attractive bid(s). I hope they (SRT) get their act together and pursue this project asap.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I'M so excited about this project. This site has huge potential because of its central location and good transport networks the subway, airport link etc. Asoke is already a defacto Silom Rd and Sathorn Rd anyway - lots of offices commercial development in that area. And the Rama IX area down the road is booming. all they need is to improve the environmental quality.. may be a bit more open spaces, parks, green corridors.
BTW you guys remember this old masterplan for 'Rama IX square' ? it's never been implemented but it give some indication of what's possible.

·
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰&#2
3,351 Posts
sounds like a very cool project. but don't wanna put a high hope on it though. don't wanna be disappointed again this time.
However, i am sure that if the economy is still on track like this...it will really happen. :)
and what about the Bangkok observation tower?

·
Serving the Country
969 Posts
me too...
have seen it too many times
those ambitious stuffs
all turn out to be hot air

i won't hold my breath

·
== Lord of Skeleton ==
2,130 Posts
satit28 said:
i dont think BKK needs supertall............
just having a world class icon would be enough.............
like chicago they have sears........
HK the HSBC building............
NY the Empire State........
just something classy and unique.............

What make u think that....
I totally disgree..... :)
BKK does need one or more!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
......Sears and Empire state used to be world tallest in the past
and this help these building to be as world class icon!!
(besides its excellent design!)
i believe this thing will make BKK to be one of world best skylines!!!

·
Kikapu!
1,869 Posts
Zoowatch said:
me too...
have seen it too many times
those ambitious stuffs
all turn out to be hot air

i won't hold my breath
kiku99 said:
sounds like a very cool project. but don't wanna put a high hope on it though. don't wanna be disappointed again this time.
However, i am sure that if the economy is still on track like this...it will really happen.
and what about the Bangkok observation tower?
I hope the head guy come to see these comments.
:)

·
== Lord of Skeleton ==
2,130 Posts
.....but what people comment about BKK skyline is that...
there are plenty and plenty of short building ...no striking one!!!
Look at KL for instance....there are not as many as we have here, but there are some supertall down there. As a result, Kl looks kind of .......better?(sorry :) )

.....I don't know...it's just what I think....maybe I know too little about this kind of things :)

·
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰&#2
3,351 Posts
well, i just think Bangkok needs more 200+ m. bldgs. not necessary have to be supertall. also we need more stylish and maybe glassy bldgs. like CRC tower, CWT, etc. :)
and of course, a nice real downtown ;)

·
38,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I never expected anything from Samak....except Chicken-rich recipes or some food menues.

็ำHere, Bangkok Tower proposed by Samak Suntoravej, Pure Alluring.

41 - 60 of 1457 Posts