SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
40,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Malabo II is a new city which is being built from scratch in Equatorial Guinea.

It is very hard to get any pictures about it, but I will do my best

photos from early 2007 new mega highways
:cheers:

area from roadside plants

new Municipality

·
Registered
40,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
new Cultural Centre

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Minsitry of Justice

new Convention Centre For Malabo II
:cheers::cheers:

New Hotel

office building

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
Here are some more projects. I don't know if they are posted in the Central African development thread. Feel free to add them there.

Convention City

Interior of a convention hall

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
Central park

Government office building

Ministry of Justice

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
Seaport Authority

Another ministry

Highways

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
Residence

Palace

Memorial building

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
It happens Matt. Double posts happen.

Jeez, and I was trying to help you out.

·
Excessively Rational
704 Posts
About time!

Great projects indeed. Thanks for the pictures :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
It looks as though some architects and engineers in EG had some fun on their 3D design programs. But if this new city actually gets completed (especially the convention centre), I'm going there!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Honestly, they really didn't need to create another city, they could have just put many of these projects in Downtown Malabo and create an a nice, tall and busy city center/downtown.

Don't get me wrong, this is a very beautiful project but it seems a unnecessary and expensive to maintain. (more roads and parks)

·
Registered
40,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honestly, they really didn't need to create another city, they could have just put many of these projects in Downtown Malabo and create an a nice, tall and busy city center/downtown.

Don't get me wrong, this is a very beautiful project but it seems a unnecessary and expensive to maintain. (more roads and parks)
EQG´s leader has opened its doors to people from the EU, they don´t need any visas any more, no matter how long they plan to stay. (due to jeune afrique magazine. I need to find the article again) He said that he wants to recruit massively many educated foreigners, which he certainly needs to keep all these things running in an efficient and orderly way until the locals are trained to take up the task. But like with all tiny countries, they will always need people to run things....even oil rich and ultra-wealthy Brunei has droves of Singaporean, Malayian and British long-time expats that keep thing going! I don´t see anything bad with it because Brunei people are happy, they live in an affluent country that provdes so many things free of charge!

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
All looking rather splendid.

Malabo 2 is basically located within the capital city of Malabo or was it established in a complete different location ?

1 - 20 of 281 Posts