SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 3928 Posts

·
Trivandrum Tiger
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Malappuram was constituted 30 years back, in the month of June. It became the 11th District of the State. Parts of the erstwhile Palghat (Ernad & Perinthalmanna Taluks) and Kozhikode (Tirur & Ponnani Taluks) Districts were delinked from the respective Districts to form Malappuram.

During the latter half of the 90s, Ernad (HQ @ Manjeri) was divided into Nilambur & Ernad; while Tirurangady evolved from Tirur. It was a commitment on the part of Mr. AK Antony, who did contest from Tirurangady in a by-election.

Malappuram District has its main railway station at Tirur (26 km from Malappuram) . However, the one at Angadyppuram is the nearest one to the District HQ (18 km). This can be developed to a major hub.

However, a major transport hub of the North Kerala namely, the Karippur (Calicut) Airport is located in this District. So does Malappuram is home to the Calicut University. Malappuram had made significant developments in IT Development.

Malappuram shares its boundaries with Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode & Wayand Districts of Kerala and with the Nilgiri District of Tamil Nadu. Probably Malappuram is the District in Kerala that has the maximum number of district boundaries (after Idukki).

This thread shall be hosting postings related to the various projects & developments as happening in the District.

All are Most WELCOME

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi Jaleel,
nice to see u opening this forum. This is the birth place of EMS and also where Kottakal aryavaidyasala is based.

And let us wait for a few more days in railway budget to see whether the much awaited and proposed Nilambur-Nanjangud rail is sanctioned by E ahmed.:)

·
Emerging Quilon (EQ)
871 Posts
Hi Jaleel,
nice to see u opening this forum. This is the birth place of EMS and also where Kottakal aryavaidyasala is based.

And let us wait for a few more days in railway budget to see whether the much awaited and proposed Nilambur-Nanjangud rail is sanctioned by E ahmed.:)
Malappuram is culturally and literature wise very important in the annals of Kerala as the Father of our Mother Toungue was born here. It is a very beautiful place with the historic Bharata Puzha flowing through its heart. I could still cherish those days I have visited Thirunavayya and Thavanoor.

Malappuram has an airport and what it require is more investment and projects.

·
Calicut
6,396 Posts
Malappuram is culturally and literature wise very important in the annals of Kerala as the Father of our Mother Toungue was born here. It is a very beautiful place with the historic Bharata Puzha flowing through its heart. I could still cherish those days I have visited Thirunavayya and Thavanoor.

Malappuram has an airport and what it require is more investment and projects.
Good to have a seperate thread for malappuram...let me google to dig out some projects to post here...

Not only trunavaya and thavanoor....there are many more temples like angadippuram tirumanthankunnu temple, kadampuzha temple, thirur thunjan parambu, trikandiyoor temple..etc

·
Registered
785 Posts
Good to have a seperate thread for malappuram...let me google to dig out some projects to post here...

Not only trunavaya and thavanoor....there are many more temples like angadippuram tirumanthankunnu temple, kadampuzha temple, thirur thunjan parambu, trikandiyoor temple..etc

...... and is believed that Poonthanam was also born in Malappuram near Angadippuram

·
here and there
4,709 Posts
GREAT START :banana:
Malappuram shares its boundaries with Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode & Wayand Districts of Kerala and with the Nilgiri District of Tamil Nadu. Probably Malappuram is the District in Kerala that has the maximum number of district boundaries (after Idukki).
But unlike Idukki ,Malappuram Has long coast line too
so it is a small piece of Kerala with all of its beauty -coasts, Mountains and farm lands inbetween.

BTW not only Ezhuththachan and Poonthanam lot of modern Era writers are also from Malappuram like MT, Uroob, Edassery, KP Ramanunni, etc. etc.

Olappamanna Mana is in Palakkad I think.

·
Calicut
6,396 Posts
GREAT START :banana:

But unlike Idukki ,Malappuram Has long coast line too
so it is a small piece of Kerala with all of its beauty -coasts, Mountains and farm lands inbetween.

BTW not only Ezhuththachan and Poonthanam lot of modern Era writers are also from Malappuram like MT, Uroob, Edassery, KP Ramanunni, etc. etc.

Olappamanna Mana is in Palakkad I think.
Olappamanna mana is near angadipuram for sure, coz i have seen board near thirumanthakunnu temple...:)

·
Kollam Rising
14,313 Posts
Olappamanna mana is near angadipuram for sure, coz i have seen board near thirumanthakunnu temple...:)
Great start for the Malappuram thread. Malappuram is the most populous district in Kerala and it is quite a suprise that nobody has started a thread to showcase the potential, projects and landscapes of this district which has rich heritage and cultural significance.

Want to see the upcoming projects in Malappuram.... Guruvayoor - Kuttipuram railway line and Nilambur - Karnataka line are very important for the development of this district.

Also, Malappuram town should be developed enough to make it a more vibrant trading centre in the region. Also, Malappuram can think about a sea port as well.

The development of Kerala is envisioned based on ports development. Moreover, Kerala government wants to make Kerala a port state like Gujarat with a line of ports on the west coast.All the district heatquarters in Kerala should be developed to match the tier two city standards in future. We have to start thinking out of the box. All the best for Malappuram thread:banana:

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
Nice thread Jaleelikka.
But I've a small suggestion -all discussions realted to Calicut airport and places in Malappuram DT. which are very close to Calicut city should be confined to Calicut thread.

·
here and there
4,709 Posts
Malappuram has 2 National Highways (NH 213 & NH 17) & two railway lines passing through the districts but never meet in the district limits. NH junction is little off of Northern Boundary in Ramanattukara & Railway Junction is little off to southern boundary in Shornur

So both roads & railway tracks are in north south direction -

·
Kollam Rising
14,313 Posts
Nice thread Jaleelikka.
But I've a small suggestion -all discussions realted to Calicut airport and places in Malappuram DT. which are very close to Calicut city should be confined to Calicut thread.
I think those areas which are more of Calicut in nature like the airport and Calicut university should be integrated to Kozhikode.

Malappuram should be developed with its own identity. Though, Thiroor and Perinthalmanna are bigger towns they also belong to Malappuram district and truly deserves to be in this thread itself.

Thalasseri is a very big town but is under the Kannur thread and it should be under Kannur thread itself.

Same way I used to post projects of Punalur, Kottarakkara and Karunagapally under Kollam thread itself. Afterall, our districts are smaller compared to the other Indian districts.

·
Satheesh Kumar
750 Posts
Good to see a separate thread for Malappuram, good job jaleelka, this district is having a great mystery yet to find out, hope this thread can help for that :banana:

·
GeoStatic
1,285 Posts
Nice to see the Malappuram Thread here. This is one the district with high potential to grow up.

Tippu Sultan was a devotee of Bhagavathi (Chamundeswari) , And he taken care of bagavathi temples like Kadampuzha, Thirumadham kunnu, Thrikkandiyoor in Malappuram on his era of 'Padayottam'

·
Trivandrum Tiger
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:applause::applause:good pictures to start with......:)
Hammmo.

Great response in a few hours.
Ellavarum koodi kayari nirangy.

It seems that this thread shall be much active.

It is worthwhile to note that at Nilambur, we have the world's first Teak Plantation.

Malabar Special Police (MSP) is headquartered at Malappuram.

Malappuram has got immense wealth. But it has to be invested in the proper way.

1 - 20 of 3928 Posts