SkyscraperCity banner

3821 - 3840 of 3873 Posts

·
Midway Activist
2,806 Posts
2020 State Budget for Malappuram

2020 State Budget.

• Malappuram Downhill Flyover finally gets 89.92cr fund under KIIFB.
  • Malappuram RTO building gets 40lakhs as first phase fund.
  • Meter Testing Lab District Office, 'Suraksha Tower' at Malappuram gets included in the common funded project of the department.

Apart from these, nothing much to rejoice in the state budget. However good to hear about fund allocation for the flyover after 3 years ( announced in 2017 budget). Revised DPR includes Tirur Road as well, which is a much thoughtful move.

So in short, definitely happy that flyover got considered, but sad that many other projects especially KSRTC Bus Station which has been in limbo for years didn't get due support. More or less, same is the case for the whole district.

·
Midway Activist
2,806 Posts

Technical sanction for 'She-stay', a Women hostel to be built in Municipal land at NH Bypass, Munduparamba, Malappuram with the aid from Ministry of Women and Child Development of India.

·
Registered
169 Posts

A full fledged 8 floor hotel tower with state of the art amenities in its final stage of construction in the city at NH Bypass, Kavungal, Malappuram.
A venture by Woodbine Hospitality & Resorts
● VIP Suites.
● Rooftop garden & restaurant.
● Swimming pool.
● Gym.
● Air conditioned Wedding & Party Halls.
● Ample Parking space.

·
Midway Activist
2,806 Posts
Great. Woodbine next to Soorya Regency. (y) Works seems to be nearing completion, but they may not be opening immediately considering the pandemic situation.
Anyhow more projects will be coming at Kavungal - Munduparamba area, would look nice too now that NH bypass is four lane.

·
Midway Activist
2,806 Posts
Malappuram railway line; a dream since 1950

Malappuram: The discussions for a railway line through Malappuram city started even before the state of Kerala was born. In 1950 to be precise. A feasibility study was held then. Later, MLAs C. H. Muhammad Koya and K. M. Seethi Sahib took efforts to make it a reality.
In 1990, the demand for the Angadipuram-Feroke railway line was heard in the parliament as well. During the railway budget discussion that year, the then Manjeri MP Ebrahim Sulaiman Sait put forward the demand.
One-and-a-half decades later, the Kerala government itself came into the picture. It submitted the Angadippuram-Feroke railway project for the central government’s consideration in 2004. Former Manjeri MP T. K. Hamsa also intervened. Funds were allocated for the Angadipuram-Feroke railway line in the 2008-09 railway budget.
Two surveys were held along with the feasibility study to develop Kozhikode West Hill into a satellite station. When the survey was completed in 2010, the Angadipuram-Feroke railway line was found profitable. Subsequently, the project was sent for the approval of the railway planning commission.
When Mamata Banerjee was the railway minister in 2009, the Angadipuram-Feroke railway line was included in the vision 2020 project. It was scheduled to be completed in 2020.
When E. Ahamed became the Minister of State for Railways, Malappuram’s hopes of the project becoming a reality doubled. Thanks to his efforts, the Angadipuram-Feroke railway line was approved by the planning commission along with the Nilambur-Nanjangud line in 2010.
Meanwhile, following the intervention of then MP A. Vijayaraghavan, a survey was held for the Tirur-Malappuram-Angadipuram railway line.
It was found that extending the Angadipuram railway line on the Kozhikode-Palakkad route until Ottapalam would be beneficial. The route attracted cargo movement and was short in distance. Hence, funds were allocated for a survey in this regard in the 2012-13 railway budget.
In 2018, senior railway officials who came to Kozhikode, held discussions with M. K. Raghavan MP and promised to expedite construction of the railway line. While announcing its budget in 2020, the Malappuram municipality also promised to take efforts to make the railway line a reality.
Despite all the efforts, promises and decisions the railway line remains a dream of the people of Malappuram.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
How time flies!

It seems to be yesterday that I came across 'skyscraper city' forums accidently. While sitting in an office some where near to Pune and while browsing the company PC lazily. It was almost seven or eight years ago.

I was already an old man then. Retired from Goa. Working on contract for two years in Satara near Pune. I had no business to join SSC at that time and at that age.

But I joined seeing the enthusiasm of youngsters from various small towns of Kerala aspiring to become big cities. The enthusiasm of youngsters was understandable. They are seeing multi storey buildings sprouting up for the first time in their cities. It was a novelty to them. Sanjay Palayat from Kozhikode was the greatest of enthusiasts here. Followed by Aslesh from Kannur, Raufazi from Malappuram, Mahesh Ponneth from Thrissur, Reghu from Kollam and many from Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram. They were so passionate about their cities that they were coming to fisticuffs and abuses against each other on a daily basis.

I watched all these with amusement. By that time I have matured so much that I knew many ills of urbanisation first hand. I was also not enamoured by any tall buildings because I have travelled widely through out my life. I was quite sure all these youngsters would take a turn one day and become more matured for their views to converge with mine.

And it has happened as I expected. Many of the enthusiasts like Sanjay, Aslesh, Mahesh, Reghu and many others have lost interest totally. And there is no new generation to take up from them because a huge building in their city is no more any thing novel for these kids. Only some grown up kids are remaining here. Still their hopes pinned on a HSR or even a hyper loop, a metro in everybody's town, a smart city or an airport every 50 kms. Other wise SSC is practically dead.

This proves one thing. Any thing that goes round comes round. Nobody believed me when I said this long ago. Guys abused me. Insulted me. Called me names. Tried to intimidate me. But I was above all their tantrums.

What say now?

3821 - 3840 of 3873 Posts