SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two factory's in Malaysia, that produce cars: Proton en Perodua. They are sometimes working together as brother and sister. Although the cars are made in Malaysia, in the car the engine is from abroad. For that part they are working together with Mitsubishi (Japan). That makes Malaysian cars: solid cars!
When I was in Kuala Lumpur, they introduced one of the latest models of the Proton. It was at the feet of the Petronas Towers, that we wanted to visit. So it was a coincidence to be there. The car's name is "Juara" and it is made for transporting little boxes and other small things. The "Juara" is a very colorful car (nice colors) and has a very modern "look". Although the car looks at the pictures very big, is the interior very small. This car has a good future in Asian country's.
Cars are in Malaysia very expensive. Even for the price of a nice second hand car, you could buy a new car in home country. That's why you see a lot of old cars in the street.
It's impossible to let you see all the Malaysian cars. That's why I let you see the latest model of the Proto (Juara) and I show a list with cars they make below.
If you rent a car in Malaysia, you will probably get a Proton Wira with an automatic gear. That's a very handsome car and it will bring you everywhere. We had that car several times

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Wow, nice pics, Malaysian cars are relatively small compare to US cars,lol! :)

·
17,416 Posts
ChicagoSkyline said:
Wow, nice pics, Malaysian cars are relatively small compare to US cars,lol! :)
That's because Malaysian road aren't as wide or large compared to The US.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
WANCH said:
That's because Malaysian road aren't as wide or large compared to The US.
I know, I would say that Americans are also bigger as well!

·
Banned
2,098 Posts

·
One Malaysia
3,031 Posts
NAZA third national car.

new lunch - " Naza Sutera "

Naza Sutera Sport Concept

Asean The Initial Market For Naza Sutera

April 22, 2006 19:50 PM

KEPALA BATAS, April 22 (Bernama) -- Asean countries, such as Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore, had been identified as the initial export market for the Sutera, a new model by Naza.

The 1.1 litre compact car is scheduled to enter the export market this year, said group chairman and chief executive officer Tan Sri SM Nasimuddin SM Amin Saturday.

Speaking at a press conference after the ground breaking of NCSB's second automotive plant and launching of the model here by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, he said of the Sutera's 30,000 units annual production, 10,000 would be exported.

"Everybody wants this car to be exported to their countries but there is a limited capacity," said SM Nasimuddin.

He disclosed that dealers from Australia and New Zealand have expressed interest to import the 1.1 litre Sutera, which was developed with an investment of RM200 million.

After the launch of the Sutera, officials of Naza Corporation Sdn Bhd signed agreements with international dealers from Malta, Cyprus, Sri Lanka, Brunei, India, Bangladesh, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Pakistan, Nepal and Singapore to pave the way for the export of the car to these markets.

SM Nasimuddin also said that Naza's next model, codenamed NX02 would be launched in the middle of next month. It would also caters for both domestic and overseas market.

To a question, SM Nasimuddin said the automatic model of the Sutera would be introduced within a year.

On the possibility of Naza setting up assembly plant overseas, he said India is a potential country.

However, he did not reveal details saying it is premature.

On the call by Abdullah for Naza to be an international company, he said, "It it is a good suggestion and Naza is already doing it now."

-- BERNAMA

·
17,416 Posts
Some of these cars are slick in design but what about performance. Anyway, Malaysian cars such as Proton have the potential but I think it's market would still be South East Asia. We definitely don't have Proton or any Malaysian auto here in HK

·
Metallica Band Member
648 Posts
Performance of these cars is fine for a small and medium size sedan but some Perodua cars lack of performance in some of their models such as the Kembara and Kenari because of low cc engine.

Many of Proton cars still using Mitsubishi engine in their models but the Waja, Savvy and Gen-2 fitted with its new self developed engine, the Campro.All Perodua cars doesn't have any self developed engine.They acquired the engines from Daihatsu.

Of course there are no Malaysian cars in HK because they don't have any sales branch there.

Proton cars are currently exporting to 19 countries :
1)Brunei
2)China
3)Indonesia
4)Nepal
5)Sri Lanka
6)Singapore
7)Taiwan
8)UK
9)Turkey
10)Cyprus
11)Iran