SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread dedicated to travelers seeking tropical islands and beaches to enjoy!

most photos and descriptions here originally from www.malaysia-islands.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teluk Dalam Beach, Pulau Redang

DESCRIPTION:

The beach has been featured a lot in Malaysian ads tourism as a "generic" beach that one could find anywhere Malaysia (which is NOT true, not all beaches are created equal *smile*), yet little that everyone knows where exactly is this amazing-looking beach spot.

The sand is powdery soft and you have to be there to believe it. Honestly, this is the softest sand I have even seen throughout Malaysia. The beach is excellent for swimming, but not so much for snorkeling due to lack of any reef, but one couldn't be bothered anyway. Nonetheless, some metres away from the beach is a decent snorkeling spot called Aziz Reef which I did try while frolicking at Teluk Dalam.

In short, whenever you are in Redang, try to get yourself here, if possible.

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rawa Beach, Pulau Perhentian

DESCRIPTION:

The beach is downright beautiful. Crystal-clear water, azure blue ocean, and soft powdery sands are the given attributes that make this beach one of the best within the Perhentian archipelago.

Anyway, the beach is quite small to actually cater for the arriving tourist boats. Nonetheless, I did notice that the beach was far from crowded because most of the visitors will spend the bulk of the time snorkeling in the clear waters surrounding it.

The beach also has some decent snorkeling that can be done by swimming along the rocky outcrops.

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulau Dayang, Johore

DESCRIPTION:

Setting foot on Pantai Pasir Putih (or the beach of "white sands") gave me a sense of deja vu. The beach reminds me of my previous island trip to Pulau Rawa which possesses uncanny resemblance of superb white sandy beach, immaculately clear waters and towering granite walls some distance away from the ocean. If you have some doubts, do check my photos taken at Rawa Safaris Resort.

Or I was just being silly? Never mind. One can argue until the whale shark comes home (I wish!) but Pantai Pasir Putih is simply breathtaking. Actually, the official name of the beach is Pasir Panjang, as gazetted by a signpost at the jetty, but really, there are one too many Pasir Panjangs (which means "Long Beach") in the islands of Malaysia, namely in Pulau Redang, Pulau Perhentian and Pulau Tioman. So, let's stick with Pasir Putih as advertised by internet travel guides. Plus, the beach is not exactly that long, rendering the name Pasir Panjang as a misnomer.

So the beach of "white sands", or Pantai Pasir Putih, does really have super soft and powdery sands. There are a number of beach chairs provided by Dayang Blues Resort where you can frolic in the sun to get the sugary brown skin that your bosses will envy in the next working day at the office. Or gather some friends for a great game of beach volleyball at the designated court provided by the resort.

Some snorkeling can be done here, although be wary of the many dive and passenger boats at the jetty. The area can be very hectic with diesel-charged boat activities especially when the loud gangs of scuba divers return back from their underwater search for whale sharks and manta rays. The beach also houses, well, a "house reef" where one or two sunken fishing trawlers lie eternally some meters below the surface, although I did not observe any scuba trips done at the "house reef".

Overall, Pantai Pasir Putih is a fabulous place to be. So don't miss it!

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tulai Beach, Tioman Island

DESCRIPTION:

I arrived here from my dive at nearby Chebeh Island. Most dive operators will make in-between dive stops for about an hour before departing for the second dive of the day. While there is another sandy beach area on Tulai Island called Tedau Bay which is also known for dive breaks, I think you should insist on stopping at this one.

Actually, the name of the beach is Pantai Pasir Panjang (or Long Beach). I can't blame the locals for coming up with such unoriginal name because there are also Long Beach(es) in Pulau Redang and Pulau Perhentian.

A lady who was in the dive trip made a remark, "Does the water really look like that?" when seeing the amazing colours of the ocean as the sweltering sun shines through it. Indeed, this beach is extremely beautiful. The sands are surprisingly white, and of course, powdery soft. Any angle that I see it, I only could think of flawless beach scenes that are commonly epitomized by postcards and travel magazines.

The water was enticing enough that I couldn't help myself but dipping in the crystal clear water for a quick bath. There are also some good patches of coral on the beach, hence snorkeling boats are commonly seen here. For better snorkeling experience, I strongly recommend the nearby Malang Rock which is accessible by boat.

·
Adventurer
3,660 Posts
OMG ! I don't have words to describe this beauty :D My sister has just landed today there :D

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kapalai Island, Sabah, Malaysian Borneo

once an island, but due to erosion, only sand bar are left (only when low tide....)

popular destination for divers going to Sipadan island, as Sipadan has no resort to protect its sensitive ecosystem...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Saya tak pasti. Abang Osh.
I still want to see the beautiful and the best islands & beaches of Malaysia!

Thanks anyway. Terima kasih

:horse:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts