SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These malls are ugly and look cheap. For a country as big as Nigeria, we are supposed to have malls with the sizes of at least 30,000m2 and no less. The malls in Lagos look small and seem to be overcrowded.It is time to build bigger malls so that we can service the rising middle class.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
These malls are ugly and look cheap. For a country as big as Nigeria, we are supposed to have malls with the sizes of at least 30,000m2 and no less. The malls in Lagos look small and seem to be overcrowded.It is time to build bigger malls so that we can service the rising middle class.
Who's "we"? If YOU have the money or capacity to deliver a mega-mall, jump in before someone else 'steals' your idea.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who's "we"? If YOU have the money or capacity to deliver a mega-mall, jump in before someone else 'steals' your idea.
Most of the malls in Nigeria are constructed and managed under foreign investors....and sorry to say but the little profits run in the hand of these investors and does not inflate Nigeria's econmy in any way. More Nigerian investors are required for building and expanding mega-malls in Nigeria. It may be difficult considering the fact that they may have to be in constract with foreign supply chains but I believe it is possible and profitable in the long-run. I shall work on my idea and no one shall steal it.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Most of the malls in Nigeria are constructed and managed under foreign investors....and sorry to say but the little profits run in the hand of these investors and does not inflate Nigeria's econmy in any way. More Nigerian investors are required for building and expanding mega-malls in Nigeria. It may be difficult considering the fact that they may have to be in constract with foreign supply chains but I believe it is possible and profitable in the long-run. I shall work on my idea and no one shall steal it.
The biggest (The Palms) is owned and was developed by Tayo Amusan (Actis took an equity stake but has since exited), who is also building the Polo Park Mall. Silverbird owns the Galleria in VI, the E-Centre in Yaba as well as the Abuja Galleria and Ceddi Plaza (which it acquired from another Nigerian, David Dafinone) and is developing malls in PH and Uyo. Frankly, there's no need for white elephant projects until there is real evidence of the feasibility of mega-malls Let's not believe that "if you build, they will (necessarily) com" -- just ask the dudes at Tinapa.

·
Eko o ni baje
3,773 Posts
I prefer a nice cute sized mall. . to these huge football field sized eyesores u see in the west
A mall is basically warehouse type buildings. . its the inside that counts

Anyway i dislike being in mallls in general,so the smaller and less time i spend going around said mall, the better

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I do not remember creating a thread called "MALLS". What is going on here?

I prefer a nice cute sized mall. . to these huge football field sized eyesores u see in the west
A mall is basically warehouse type buildings. . its the inside that counts

Anyway i dislike being in mallls in general,so the smaller and less time i spend going around said mall, the better
It is relatively cheaper to build mega-malls that can service local districts than to build many small malls (which is the case I see in Lagos).

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just came off the India page, and was shocked to see the number of first class malls in Mumbai. There were over a hundred!

There's no way you're gonna tell me there's no demand for more than the current 3 or 4 malls we've got in Lagos!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts