SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Human Being
42,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Given that I live just a little over 30 miles away in Liverpool, I really do not know Manchester city centre at all - apart from fleeting impressions from a couple of past visits. I decided to explore a little more widely today - but, of course, this still represented just a tiny portion of what Manchester has to offer. I hope, and intend, to explore Manchester in more detail and on many more occasions....

·
Human Being
42,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Three hours seems to be the optimum amount of time to spend exploring and photographing an unfamiliar city. I had decided that I definitely wanted to explore the Castlefield area a little today, as well as have a look around The Northern Quarter, and in particular Affleck's Palace- the 'alternative' department store. I arrived quite early at 10am; the weather was fairly mild but overcast - and the city was initially quiet and slow; the streets started to become busier around 12.30pm. I arrived and departed from Oxford Rd Station. The pictures are posted in the order in which they were taken:

I departed from Liverpool South Parkway station:

...and arrived at Oxford Rd station approximately 35 minutes later:

1 - 20 of 270 Posts