SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
dinp said:
I seem to remember the last one I attended there was pretty decent, back in 2004, when Beetham was just a baby and Man U beat Millwall in the cup final.

Who'd be up for another meetup on Sat May 20?

:)

I actually predicted the content of this thread before I even clicked into it - spoooookeee eh Dinpy?

It was along those lines of "last time we met up at Manc was 2 years ago when one bunch of overrated northern shites played a bunch of crummy jumped up southern shites in the FA cup final...."

Well guess what???? WE HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION NOW ONCE AGAIN WHEREBY ANOTHER BUNCH OF OVERRATED NORTHERN SHITES ARE PLAYING ANOTHER BUNCH OF CRUMMY JUMPED UP SOUTHERN SHITES IN THE FA CUP FINAL ....namely Liverpool and West Ham. Ha ha ha ha ha haaaa. Funny how things transpire eh?

:eek2:

Anyhow that would be asking for TROUBLE if you suggested either Saturday the 13th May OR Saturday 20th as I will be doing Folk Trains between Manc and Sheffield and Manc and Buxton respectively on those afternoons so wouldn't be able to make it back into the city until at least after 4pm anyway.....

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
I'n not going now if Accura's going. :eek:hno: :runaway:

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
we're having a mini meet at the spinningfields thing. pm longshanks and get your name down...

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a word of warning to under-18s. Last time we met at Sinclairs Oyster Bar and as it was hot and sunny we sat outside. However, knowing how temperamental the weather can be, we might be indoors, which wont help your chances of getting served. If you are just over 18, bring ID - if we're outside, it shouldn't be a problem.

:)

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
dinp said:
Why not just post a thread about it here or join in with this one. Were not talking about droves of people here, between 6 and 12 most likely.
ok, there is the spinningfields thread there about that already, but I'm happy to see what you reprobates look like before then....

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
b4mmy said:
ok, there is the spinningfields thread there about that already, but I'm happy to see what you reprobates look like before then....
So there is, sorry didnt see that one. I wont be around for other meetups after the 20th or I would have went to the Spinningfields one as well.

So, lets have a roll call...

Dinpo
Accura
B4mmy

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
frozenmusic said:
yep, I'll be there. looking forward to it already.
hey mark how did the gig go, i had to work til 1.30am monday and finish a presentation off last night.... how was the gorgeous Cat?

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
I think we should invite a certain someone else as well (ykw) and buy him a few drinks as a gesture of thanks, then once he's suitably pissed, set upon him and render the use of his hands and fingers permanently disabled. I know I would do it if there were more than 10 of us. Problem would then be sorted once and for all. What say you guys?

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Martin G said:
I think we should invite a certain someone else as well (ykw) and buy him a few drinks as a gesture of thanks, then once he's suitably pissed, set upon him and render the use of his hands and fingers permanently disabled. I know I would do it if there were more than 10 of us. Problem would then be sorted once and for all. What say you guys?
who, why do we need 10 dude....

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
This dinp lad is a bit MFI aint he?
He's all over the show being all enthusiastic and keen and that (well when i say all over the show i mean the Sheffield forum)
Because i have borderline Autism and find it difficult to carry out activities that dont have either a meaning or a firm goal then i shall have to pass on this one.
If you can convince me that this will be more than a bunch of lads meeting in a pub and that i shall benefit in some way - be it intellectually or financially - then i shall polish my best Stan Smiths and pop along!

·
Registered
384 Posts
b4mmy said:
hey mark how did the gig go, i had to work til 1.30am monday and finish a presentation off last night.... how was the gorgeous Cat?
Yeah, it went well cheers, not that many people there but we got a really good reception from those that were around. Don't worry about not coming, I think we'll be doing quite a lot in the next month as we need to get practiced, next one is at the thirsty scholar on Monday night.
Cat? Do you mean Claire? Yeah, she was nervous and very drunk but ace of course.

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
The Longford said:
This dinp lad is a bit MFI aint he?
He's all over the show being all enthusiastic and keen and that (well when i say all over the show i mean the Sheffield forum)
Because i have borderline Autism and find it difficult to carry out activities that dont have either a meaning or a firm goal then i shall have to pass on this one.
If you can convince me that this will be more than a bunch of lads meeting in a pub and that i shall benefit in some way - be it intellectually or financially - then i shall polish my best Stan Smiths and pop along!
I bought a history of manchester book that was published in 1840 the other day... i'll bring it along.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
b4mmy said:
I bought a history of manchester book that was published in 1840 the other day... i'll bring it along.
That'll be one short book! Did anything interesting happen in Manchester before 1840?
Anyway i think i'm on in-law duties that day but if the missus unchains me from the radiator i'll be in like Flint - borderline autism and all!

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
b4mmy said:
who, why do we need 10 dude....

Cos he might be a complete freak and possess six arms, four legs and three heads....you gotta be on your guard against all sorts of eventualities.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts