SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
9,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just for the record, I wondered if the title search was failing if the thread was moved to a new title. This thread was originally "LONDON - My Imaginary Stadium (23,567)" before being moved to Liverpool. The title search worked in both cases.

·
9,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've being playing with the search and it's quite frustrating. Mostly features broadly work. Filtering by user, date or forum generally works, as do the include (+), excluded (-) and exact ("") qualifiers. However, the flaws make the search of limited use as a tool (e.g. replacing tags).

Searching the title has the biggest problem as only some titles seem available for the search. So searching for London within the "Stadiums and Sport Arenas forum" (and its subforums) gets one result: for the LONDON - Kia Oval (25,500 -> 40,000). There are, of course many more, such as LONDON - Craven Cottage (29,600).

It's as if only certain titles are available to the search engine. However, if I go to the Craven Cottage thread and pick the text "I vaguely remember some plan to add apartments above the listed stand" from a recent post and search for that I get the one expected result. So the text of that thread is available to the search engine. It's only the title that is excluded.

·
9,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Search for exact matches in the the LONDON - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium / New White Hart Lane (62,303) thread, selecting within the Stadiums and Sports Arenas" forum and subforums.

Test for various text strings that I've checked exist:

1. "You can change the thread title now" returns one result from October 2008

2. "Here's the time lapse for this week " returns no results, even thought the text appears in a post from October 2017

3. "Madrid are a much greater team than Milan this season" returns no result, even though the text appears in a post from April 2011

4. "THFC announcement to the London Stock Exchange" returns no result, even though the text appears in a post from August 2009

5. "There have been many stadiums in the US that were built next door" returns two results, one with the exact search string for a post in November 2008 and another quoting it.

6. "This time the 2019 Structural Steel Design Awards Project of the Year " returns no result despite a post existing in November 2019

7. "The Tottenham Hotspur Property Ltd plan for 807 Tottenham High Road" returns one result for a post 18 days ago.

8. "Can we please put in a planning application to restrict the home football games allowed" returns no results, even though the text appears in a post from March 2020

The pattern seems to be it picks up posts from before 2009 or after the transition to XF. Anything between 2009 and early 2020 is ignored.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts