SkyscraperCity banner

2061 - 2064 of 2064 Posts

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
"Latest Airport City hotel gains consent"

"A nine-storey, 412-bedroom hotel off Chicago Avenue to be built by Manchester Airport Group has been approved.

The development is part of Airport City Manchester, a joint venture between Manchester Airport, Beijing Construction and Engineering Group International and Greater Manchester Pension Fund.

The 134,000 sq ft hotel would be operated by Tribe, a brand owned by French hospitality firm Accor Group whose other brands include Mercure, Novotel and Sofitel.

BCEGI started work on two hotels in the Airport City masterplan in January – a 280-bedroom Holiday Inn and 262-bedroom Ibis Budget, which are due to complete and open in early 2022.

The 0.42-acre site set to be used for the Tribe hotel is currently used as a car park. It fallswithin the Manchester Airport Operational Area, the Manchester Airport Strategic Site and the Greater Manchester Enterprise Zone.

An outline application for two schemes on the plot, one with a five-storey office development and one for an office or hotel, was approved in April 2015. However, the outline permission lapsed in April 2018.

The project was approved by Manchester City Council under delegated powers.

The scheme was designed by Dexter Moren Associates."

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
"Government steps in to help keep Metrolink services running"

"The Government has agreed to provide vital funding for Manchester’s Metrolink system.

The move follows warnings from Greater Manchester Metro Mayor Andy Burnham last week that the service would have to be “mothballed” due to the scale of losses it was suffering due to low passenger numbers.

Now, the Department for Transport (DfT) has said it was working with networks in Greater Manchester,"...

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
So Ashton-under-Lyne Interchange finally opened today Sunday August 30th, I thought I'd complete my photographic record by paying a visit and taking a few photographs with buses and passengers using the new facilities.

Walking to the interchange along Water Street I was somewhat surprised to see that the 347 Haughton Green buses still seem to be using the temporary stand.

IMG_0321 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

I then noticed that at the moment for some reason the entrance to the new site from Water Street is closed off.

IMG_0322 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

Other than that of course buses were now using the new stands and also parking up in the space at the western side.

IMG_0324 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0325 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

That new Stagecoach livery is awful, whoever came up with that needs a colour blindness test. It's not going to stay clean in the winter is it!

IMG_0327 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0328 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0335 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0336 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0337 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0340 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

Bus and train information screens but no Metrolink information despite showing a tram symbol on the signage. A missed opportunity. No trains from Ashton on Sundays at present either.

IMG_0341 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

In fact the only mention of Metrolink on any way finding signage is this tiny lettering added to the Way Out signs.

P1080270a by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0346 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

I tried to get one or two shots to illustrate the improved Bus/tram interchange but found it wasn't easy.

IMG_0350 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0353 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

I just couldn't get the timing right.

IMG_0363 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

Over by the Oldham Road entrance now. The turn into the site is pretty tight and will cause some traffic problems I think.

IMG_0369 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0373 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0375 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

IMG_0376 by Steve Hyde, on Flickr

Anyway that completes the set. Time perhaps for a break from here now given there's nothing to record.

·
18,039 Posts
From Metro Report:

2061 - 2064 of 2064 Posts