SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1829 Posts

·
No more heroes anymore
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I'd better start us off then. Don't think that this is just a thread for personal information, I just can't think of much else to post right now...

Okay, I'm 18 (19 in July), born in Leicester and study economics (and social studies :() at Manchester university. I'm currently sitting my May exams but to take my mind off them during my revision breaks I seem to have been spending more and more time on these damn forums. I'm afraid I'm a little bit lazy at heart, which is why you'll probably never see me out in Manchester taking photos for all you beautiful people ;)

·
10th February 2008
60,021 Posts
I used to have a life, then I came across SSC/Manchester Forum. Fortunately I have a very, very, understanding girlfriend, or she used to be? I think the dreaded question will be asked very soon though.

"It's Skyscraper Forum or me!" :wave:(God, I hope she never reads this :runaway:)

·
Keltlandia
8,877 Posts
b4mmy said:
Gareth. Can you make this a sticky near the top for us please.
Done.

By the way Chris, I'll send you those minutes tomorrow (which you asked for like a month or so back). I need to type them up first, but I've got nothing at all on tomorrow so I'll motivate myself. I'll also send you the minutes from the first meeting which will probably be better as we covered more. They're both far from complete though as I'm pretty crap at keeping up with the converation, particularly when Sebo is involved. :)

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
ok, excellent. So if anyone has used skybar anywhere else this is where you can post any shit you like and it doesnt have to be about buildings.

Now where is my guinea pig photo collection.....

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
its a much better film than i expected, after all the reports. The end is different to the book tho... its more like The Bourne Identity than the sort of 'documentary' its been critisised as being. The scene in the lecture hall at the start will make your ring contract. Its good tho.

·
10th February 2008
60,021 Posts
Chris, can you tell us a bit about your company, or can't you? I'm interested.
I'm sure others might be to, like the Inland Revenue. :) Btw, I don't mean projects. Not fishing that man.

·
No more heroes anymore
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many people here bother to talk to their friends/family about their obscession with skyscrapers and architecture in general? I've tried it with a few of my mates before, even passing comments like "wow, look at that tower (Beetham)" have been met by silence or the more usual "meh". Sometimes I find myself getting carried away with certain buildings though (like when I first saw the library, or when GN was nearly finished) and I make an idiot of mysef by gushing about how amazing they are to my mates :runaway:

Ah well, maybe someone will actually not laugh at me when I next point out why I like URBIS and we can actually have a meaningful conversation about it (SSC is great, but sometimes you just need to talk!)

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
ok jerb, will do. I need to sleep now tho, I'll chuck some stuff in here tomorrow.

·
I love those crazy dutch
11,552 Posts
I talk about buildings all the fucking time to my friends and family. They're an interest of mine, as is architecture in general and tbh I couldn't give ten shits what someone else thinks about my interests. I know we have some secret skyscraper admirers around here though who keep it strictly between themselves and SSC eh? :p

·
Less is more.
6,210 Posts
This is all wrong. A skybar is a great idea but the way it's been created is wrong. People need to be able to start new threads on different subjects in a skybar but this doesn't have that facility. This is no different to The Official Manchester Thread which is where most people talk about anything they want. The good thing about The Skybar is you can browse the list of subjects and see what takes your fancy, we won't be able to do that with this one and when it gets over 20 pages or so it will be a mess.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
16 Posts
inquisitor57 said:
Has anyone seen the 'davinci code' yet, and if so, how is it? I'm not really a fan of the book but I quite like the premise of the whole thing.
I felt some things were missin lnd some of the clues they cracked a little bit quick but if it the film went into loads of detail it would be 4 hours long. It does wel with the time it has though. Somethings take a different angle like what happens near the end at rosslyn chapel.

You said your a fan the book so i recommend you watch it u wil like it. It's better than what most of the reviews ive read claimed

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Are Pink Floyd shite. (Note I have not included a question mark at the end of taht sentence - [sic] ) Should we have been spared Arnold Layne being sung by a bunch of tramps tonight? I think we should.

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Is it me or is the forum going very slow again because its bloody annoying. It feels like am waiting 10 mins for a page to load up. I gave it up for a while and ended up watching Big Brother, god help me.

1 - 20 of 1829 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.