1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Don't you find Manchester is a poor relation when it comes to live streaming webcams. Our webcams update at up to 30 second intervals, that's not a cam but a photograph. Other towns and cities have live streaming cams, so why can't we?

·
Mancunian Member
7,255 Posts
Our 'skyline' cam is a bit naff, somedays Beetham is in it, somedays it ain't! And it doesn't really give a true reflection on the full skyline now does it?!

Exchange Square Cam is a bit pointless, be better suited in Picc Gardens, or Market St tbh.

Sort it Beeb - hopefully, when they move to SQ, we'll get a good skyline shot from there and a nice plaza cam!

Love the Oxford Road cam though - proper city view.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's a shame MEN no longer do their streaming webcam. They had one pointing towards Deansgate from their old offices that ran at maybe a dozen frames a second, which isn't bad really. I think they had one pointing towards Piccadilly Plaza too, didn't they?

I like the BBC's Oxford Road/Street one too. The Palace Hotel one, on the other hand, always looks a bit desolate to me, such is the angle of the camera. For some reason, it always reminds me of Tatooine in Star Wars, especially at sunset.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Don't you find Manchester is a poor relation when it comes to live streaming webcams. Our webcams update at up to 30 second intervals, that's not a cam but a photograph. Other towns and cities have live streaming cams, so why can't we?
Very true. The webcams of Manchester are bobbins. Even the image used behind Gordon on NWT is a bit ropey.

I did run a live webcam of the triathlon in Salford last year, but I'm not in the right position to do that any more. :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts