SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On a 4,000 square metre site, Skycity will be a 80 storey tower with 36 levels comprising of commercial office space, a six star all-suite

hotel with an average of 220 rooms and a limited number of luxurious residential penthouses units. In addition to this, a podium plaza and cinema complex, podium vehicle parking and an eight level shopping mall is located below ground level.

The uniqueness in its concept is that the functions of the building vary from a hotel to office space, on a very large scale. The observation area, ‘Skyview’ and ‘Skycafe’ is the highest man made occupyable space in Manila, which will provide visitors a unique opportunity to overview Manila, the capital city.

The plaza is the main access point to the commercial office, and serves as a principle connector to the plaza’s facilities which includes a cinema complex, bowling alley and commercial outlets.

As a result, the design scheme perfected the client’s concept into a workable architectural solution while providing the tower with a distinct skyline character.

·
7,174 Posts
Edmundtanso said:
Guys read on emporis that the city og Mandaluyong gave the green light to this project and will be completed in 5 years - 2011.
I can assure you, that information came from me, which came from the various newspaper clippings posted over here from the research of very dilligent Philippine forumers. I still got a few friends over there at Emporis to update key projects... :naughty:

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
massive mofo :master: finally after years of delay. i wish we had another view of the building though

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
wow!....finally something worthy to represent The Philippines...

·
Optional Information
4,483 Posts
so coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL!!!

but the design is too greyish... but still looks humongous..

·
BUMMED
2,717 Posts
What is the official height?
If Makati is up to the rivalry, it should build a taller, grander one!
Yey! Finally! But it's still far away imagine just a year before the London Olympics, sigh!

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,973 Posts
The podium reminds me of the 60s-70s Philippine modernist buildings built to anchor Ayala Ave. city blocks (Rufino, Insular Life). I wonder if that was a conscious homage by the architects.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.