SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 302 Posts

·
100% Pinoy
2,389 Posts
^^^^

imo this is a prime location. any developer would kill just to get hold of this property. :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
the project is nice... but, yup, it might have been 10 years too late...

and the design? imho, they should change it.. baduy! gold? concrete facade? typically '80s ... sabagay, retro naman EGI eh :p

·
worship, play, worship
883 Posts
SC decision on 77-storey Skycity condo project affirmed with finality:banana:
April 24, 2010, 3:29pm

The Second Division of the Supreme Court ruled with finality on the right of the Skycity to be developed within a C-2 Zone in a parcel of land along the corner of EDSA and Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City.

The lot used to be the site of the Tropical Hut Hamburger and Restaurant and Supermarket, a bank, parking spaces, through-street from Florida Street to Ortigas Avenue and a telecom tower.

In a Resolution dated March 10, 2010, the Supreme Court upheld its decision dated January 22, 2010 that the proposed Skycity project can be legally constructed by its owners in the lot which belongs to a C-2 Zone, different and distinct from the residential zone where the oppositors, the Greenhills East Association (GEA), is physically located. By resolving to deny the Motion for Reconsideration of GEA with finality, the Supreme Court noted that “the basic issues raised therein hav [-ing] been duly considered and passed upon by the Court in the aforesaid decision and no substantial argument hav [-ing] been adduced to warrant the reconsideration sought.”

"Since the decision was promulgated on January 22, GEA made several motions and manifestations which the Supreme Court duly noted. It nevertheless resolved with objectivity and impartiality the issues involved and finally put a stop to endless babble on the case. Thus, the proposed 77-storey condominium building with 8 basements is now cleared to proceed with its construction 14 years after its planning and design," Bienvenido G. de Castro, EGI Vice President-External Affairs said.

"The proponent, E Ganzon, Inc. hopes that its oppositors would now cooperate to realize the project which had unduly been delayed to the prejudice of its developer, the livelihood of those it stands to benefit during the interim, and the Filipino people in general who had been deprived of doing business in an environmentally friendly building because of their opposition," De Castro added.

De Castro said the project would still have to secure other permits, clearances and licenses as any other development project normally goes through under the current practice. But, with the patriotic help of its neighbors and government agencies, the project is supposed to clear the various regulatory requirements without a hitch. It is clearly the right of the owner of the lot to use its land pursuant to its ownership and the laws regulating its exercise, as the Supreme Court declared.

The Skycity would have several fire refuge zones, treat its sewer water prior to discharge, provide sufficient parking in the building and manage traffic within the building as well as cooperate with the local government in traffic management outside the building. It will have a program for the conservation of the environment during the lifetime of the building and implement solid waste management pursuant to law.

·
Unregistered User
11,836 Posts
It ticks me off how late they came to a conclusion...

When this project was first announced, Philippine projects actually possessed class... such class has gone away ever since.

I've yet to scan through all the project threads in this subforum and find 10 that make me think "hmm... what an amazing project."

·
6,914 Posts
^^ No kidding eh? I think there should be a case study regarding the saga of Skycity showing an example of Nimbyism at its finest.

The question now is whether construction will begin soon. While 14 years is a long time, note that other projects in the Philippines has an even longer idling time, the now Alpha Land building in EDSA being the prime example. Also note that aside from Skycity, other buildings such as Burgundy Empire has yet to be completed. Plus there is also the SM-KS towers, which had several incarnations already but still nothing is rising from the Podium. At least the AMA Tower was somehow resurrected, but not as cool as the original.

One thing nice about Skycity though is it hasn't suffered the fate Rockwell's Lopez Tower so far. Now having a similar fate as Lopez Tower (site to be used by a less ambitious project) would be the ultimate disaster but lets hope it doesn't come to that and EGI does deliver...

·
16,240 Posts
^^ No kidding eh? I think there should be a case study regarding the saga of Skycity showing an example of Nimbyism at its finest.

The question now is whether construction will begin soon. While 14 years is a long time, note that other projects in the Philippines has an even longer idling time, the now Alpha Land building in EDSA being the prime example. Also note that aside from Skycity, other buildings such as Burgundy Empire has yet to be completed. Plus there is also the SM-KS towers, which had several incarnations already but still nothing is rising from the Podium. At least the AMA Tower was somehow resurrected, but not as cool as the original.

One thing nice about Skycity though is it hasn't suffered the fate Rockwell's Lopez Tower so far. Now having a similar fate as Lopez Tower (site to be used by a less ambitious project) would be the ultimate disaster but lets hope it doesn't come to that and EGI does deliver...
Good thing though Gramercy in Makati pushed through and its up and rising. At least 1 supertall managed to make it through!

·
at your service
2,659 Posts
I do hope they push through with this project!

Unlike the company that is building (was supposed to build) The Burgundy Empire, EGI (i think) has money. They have an U/C condo in Timog Ave, and its rising pretty fast. Im 90% sure they're still considering this project. The big question is, are they going to stick to the plan? or play it ala "AMA Tower" with the huge downgrade?

·
We will RISE AGAIN!!
732 Posts
Any updates? Pictures?...i hope this push through its so much delayed already, actually the developer want this building 14 year ago ( well maybe 12 years, time for the construction ) because back then there are not much high end condos but now high end condos is mushrooming across manila...do you think the developer will continue this? I hope the developer doesn't still has the fund and still is feasible to build this..

·
Registered
1 Posts
i designed this building back in 96, and i glad see it recently won approval - it spent alot of time being used to promote software. I need to get back in touch with the client.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Since this was already been given a go signal and resolved with finality by the Supreme Court , i guess Robinsons Land Corporation guys are confident this project will push thru without any other legal impediments.

i just hope they will stay true with the old design or come up with a better one...

RLC, in my observation, always deliver with their projects...

Sky City Condominium (77-story condominium)

original image from edmundtanso

from manila standard today

Supreme Court okays Edsa-Ortigas high-rise

30 January, 2010

by Rey E. Requejo

RESIDENTS of posh Greenhills East in Mandaluyong have lost their appeal with the Supreme Court to stop a developer from building the country’s tallest structure, a 77-story condominium on EDSA and Ortigas Avenue.

In rejecting the petition of the Greenhills East Association Inc. for lack of merit, the Supreme Court’s Second Division said because the issues raised were factual, it would defer to the expertise of the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board.

The latest ruling affirms the Dec. 21, 2004 decision of the Court of Appeals in favor of the developer, E. Ganzon Inc., over the 4,109-square-meter lot in Wack-Wack village owned by San Buena Realty and Development Corp.

The developer wants to build Skycity Condominium, a 77-story mixed-use building with an eight-level basement on the property, which is near the Greenhills East Subdivision and bounded by EDSA to the east, Florida Street to the north, Block 4 of the subdivision and a narrow creek in the west, and Ortigas Avenue in the south, near the Securities and Exchange Commission and La Salle Greenhills.

E. Ganzon fenced off the site in 1997, demolished the structures on it and began excavation work, but the Greenhills East Association opposed the project the following year before the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board.

In November 1999, a board arbiter dismissed the residents’ opposition. When they also lost an appeal to the Office of the President, the residents took their case to the Court of Appeals, which ruled against them in 2004.
In their ruling, the Supreme Court justices said they had no expertise in judging the facts of the case.

“No matter how hard it tries to learn the technical intricacies of certain highly regulated human activities, the Supreme Court will always be inadequately equipped to identify the facts that matter when resolving issues involving such activities,” Associate Justice Roberto Abad said in his decision.

“Invariably, the Court must respect the factual findings of administrative agencies which have expertise on matters that fall within their jurisdiction. Here, since the [board] has the expertise in applying zonal classifications on specific properties and since petitioner GEA fails to make out a clear case that it has erred, the court must rely on [the board’s] finding.”
The Court said it would “not dwell on the other matters raised concerning environmental requirements respecting light, ventilation, drainage, sewerage, waste disposal, and pollution relating to the project,” adding that “these matters very well fall under the competence of other government agencies.”
The housing and land use board would certainly not approve a building that did not meet all the legal requirements, the Court said.

:banana::banana::banana:

If there is a similar thread please do consider erasing this one and repasting it on the existing thread. thanks.

241 - 260 of 302 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.