SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 302 Posts

·
7,442 Posts
One thing to note guys is the usage of the building isn't cast in stone. Mr Ganzon really wants his building to be built, has been fighting the NIMBYs in courts for years, and is looking for various funding sources such as credit lines, IPO or even converting parts of the building into residential so he can pre-sell. There have been numerous articles about this project throughout the forum but isn't there one more outstanding issue? I think it should be due this month so can the Philippine forumers vigilantly watch out for it?

Aside from excavation, the work done so far is to strengthen the wall to prevent a collapse. Its sort of like the slurry wall in the WTC site in NYC where they try to prevent a wall collapse because of pressure from the nearby rivers.

This is a diagram of what they did to brace the site and prevent a collapse of the wall because of the MRT Line beside it.

This is what the site looks like today.

·
7,442 Posts
Now now guys... Let's not get carried away. One must stay vigilant and we should not celebrate until the building is topped off... :nono:

Of course, if you are absolutely positively confident that this building pushes through, then I suggest you buy the E. Ganzon Inc shares once it is public. In this way, you will have the extreme satisfaction of seeing this beautiful project make a mark in the skyline, at the same time, cash in at its beauty and success... ;)

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,973 Posts
That's right. There have been amazing projects in the past that we all hoped for, but sadly never came close to topping off (thinking of Jaka) or opening (thinking of NAIA3). Can't really cheer until somebody can actually walk into a lobby and climb into an elevator that actually takes them to the top floor.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I hope they build it to be the tallest in the world.

·
...geologist...
829 Posts
...i doubt it can top burj... anywho, it would look just akward if its 750m high and like the neighboring skyline is only 220m or so, that would be like a single stick standing out...but you know if they build other tall ones that are like 350m or 450m or so, if they build a 750m tower, it wouldn't look so bad...but yeah..for now it would look really really akward

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,973 Posts
77 rather than 88? 88 would be better for the number's feng shui qualities. It's a good number. Don't ask me why... I just know that people into feng shui like numbers with circles.

·
official
1,396 Posts
boybaha said:
The podium reminds me of the 60s-70s Philippine modernist buildings built to anchor Ayala Ave. city blocks (Rufino, Insular Life). I wonder if that was a conscious homage by the architects.
Yeah, like the old insular life bldg at ayala ave :) i think will turn out futuristic coz it's metallic unlike old makati's concretes...but of course it was modern back then. :D

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
well marites that's more wishful thinking than anything. Quite hard to even top Southeast Asia's tallest, which is Petronas, and yall know about those buildings.

going down to 77, I'm guessing was something to do with the airspace thing, one that cut down St. Francis as well.

btw all that silver in the rendering looks like it's just because it's in greyscale or something, this rendering is brown-ish
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=131003

·
Life is Here!
1,343 Posts
i like the design except the top. sana sa gitna na lang ang antenna. nagmumukhang pbcom tuloy.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
sleepwalker_uno said:
i like the design except the top. sana sa gitna na lang ang antenna. nagmumukhang pbcom tuloy.
actually imo i like it on the side, atleasts it doessnt look symetrical....but again guys this would be a great project and i read there would even be a observatory deck on top!

again, the location is kinna awkward, especially corner edsa and origas avenue, it's just so traffic and not the most ideal location especially for a hotel and even a class a condo. i wish they would build this instead on BGC :)

·
official
1,396 Posts
renell said:
btw all that silver in the rendering looks like it's just because it's in greyscale or something, this rendering is brown-ish
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=131003
yah it does look brownish or goldenish or bronzyish on emporis rendering. the photo we have here isn't on greyscale. all the objects we can see is colored. so emporis has either the official design or the old one whatever. the only confirmed info we have for now is that the SkyCity project will push through. the official height and color? that i do not know. :dunno: hope we get the official and final details soon :D

21 - 40 of 302 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.