SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Edmundtanso said:
actually imo i like it on the side, atleasts it doessnt look symetrical....but again guys this would be a great project and i read there would even be a observatory deck on top!

again, the location is kinna awkward, especially corner edsa and origas avenue, it's just so traffic and not the most ideal location especially for a hotel and even a class a condo. i wish they would build this instead on BGC :)
BGC would definitely be a better location. but all the same. just happy this project is pushing through.
 

·
official
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
Edmundtanso said:
actually imo i like it on the side, atleasts it doessnt look symetrical....but again guys this would be a great project and i read there would even be a observatory deck on top!

again, the location is kinna awkward, especially corner edsa and origas avenue, it's just so traffic and not the most ideal location especially for a hotel and even a class a condo. i wish they would build this instead on BGC :)
i agree! it's so out of place. people going to SkyCity from the Edsa Shrine vice versa will be having a hard time. could be disastrous! but who knows...we might see major changes on that area 5 years from now :D i'm thinkin' of underground walkway similar to Ayala avenue's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
rusty18 said:
i agree! it's so out of place. people going to SkyCity from the Edsa Shrine vice versa will be having a hard time. could be disastrous! but who knows...we might see major changes on that area 5 years from now :D i'm thinkin' of underground walkway similar to Ayala avenue's.
yeah...underground pedestrian is the only solution from traffic, noise, pollution...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,586 Posts
They should put a huge undeegrround pedestrian crossing for the whole intersection and connect it to the ortigas mrt stop (which ironically is like 800 meters away from the stop intersection itself. ) even without the big building , there's a lot of delay witht he pedestrians already so you can imagind the problems caused by an extra 10,000 people in the direct area.

I don't think you'll see to many supertalls in fort boni the highest FAR is only 12 from what i recall to get to such heights you'll need a lot of land!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
bustero said:
They should put a huge undeegrround pedestrian crossing for the whole intersection and connect it to the ortigas mrt stop (which ironically is like 800 meters away from the stop intersection itself. ) even without the big building , there's a lot of delay witht he pedestrians already so you can imagind the problems caused by an extra 10,000 people in the direct area.

I don't think you'll see to many supertalls in fort boni the highest FAR is only 12 from what i recall to get to such heights you'll need a lot of land!
really? thats too bad but again atleast there is such thing as FAR in BGC, ortigas is amazing, 1 or 2 lane each way and a supertall building right there..
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,897 Posts
rusty18 said:
i agree! it's so out of place. people going to SkyCity from the Edsa Shrine vice versa will be having a hard time. could be disastrous! but who knows...we might see major changes on that area 5 years from now :D i'm thinkin' of underground walkway similar to Ayala avenue's.
That would be quite a challenge for the engineer since there are four viaducts in that area plus the MRT, all which has foundations buried deep.
 

·
Here Since 2002
Joined
·
7,261 Posts
I don't think this design would look good in BGC, an open well spaced area. What's made for Ortigas should stay in Ortigas. Similarly Pacific Plaza twins wont as look good in Ortigas with the surroundings.
 

·
animo lasalle
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
yeah its gud to see a 335m skyscrapers in an area w/c is full of skyscrapers also...para lalong gumanda ang ortigas cbd.....

maganda rin sa BGC but medyo matagal tagal pa e2ng area na 2 na pde ng makipag compete against makati at ortigas...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,586 Posts
Edmundtanso said:
really? thats too bad but again atleast there is such thing as FAR in BGC, ortigas is amazing, 1 or 2 lane each way and a supertall building right there..
very true, you're right about that. There should be some sensible zoning too otherwise you'll look like lower manhattan where you only see the sun at 12 oclock even if you have a window!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,586 Posts
yes it's the site of tropical hut.

Actually the skyline will look kinda funny from certain angles because it will look like a train with the tallest building on one side then followed by a bunch of lower buildings. ON the sides of EDSA and Ortigas in SJ there will be no tall buildings to be built till greenhills.
 

·
Registered non-User
Joined
·
7,358 Posts
EGI Skycity is a little bit off the Ortigas skyline, just like how CN Tower is to the Toronto Skyline. It may have the same awesome effect though:)
 

·
Registered non-User
Joined
·
7,358 Posts
rusty18 said:
yah it does look brownish or goldenish or bronzyish on emporis rendering. the photo we have here isn't on greyscale. all the objects we can see is colored. so emporis has either the official design or the old one whatever. the only confirmed info we have for now is that the SkyCity project will push through. the official height and color? that i do not know. :dunno: hope we get the official and final details soon :D
I think emporis has the old design. The brownish/orangy version is the first one i saw a few years a go. I like the grey version better, plus its podium looks much better.
 

·
Registered non-User
Joined
·
7,358 Posts
Wally said:
Now now guys... Let's not get carried away. One must stay vigilant and we should not celebrate until the building is topped off... :nono:
Yes, i agree:) Even NAIA 3 is basically finished but not yet opened. So we should celebrate until it is open, not just topped off:D
 
41 - 60 of 302 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top