SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 302 Posts

·
7,201 Posts
^ That's what I'm hoping to find out from the locals. Can someone PLEASE confirm if those jackass NIMBYs filed an appeal to the Supreme Court or not? There is no point getting excited about this project if it ain't happening because of all these legal mumbo jumbo. I dunno if anyone else notices but even Fort Boni is starting to put up office towers. That means it will be harder for Skycity to succeed financially if they don't start construction NOW! And by now it means within the next year. The economic boom won't last forever, you know....:rant:

·
Couch Weight
2,908 Posts
This guy who works in the Mandaluyong City Hall said that they never heard any complaints from residents after the court gave a go signal for the construction of Skycity. Apparently, no one is aware that the building has a chance to continue its construction.

·
7,201 Posts
Well, I appreciate the effort, CosmoManila, but unless its an actual local article or at least there is a press release or initial public offering of shares from E Ganzon Inc that this project is going ahead, I guess its time to move on and not get too excited about Skycity. After those series of court victories, I admit, the excitement was fun while it lasted. Anyways, time to focus on One Corporate Centre, the office project that is actually in construction and truly something to be excited about...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
i agree, btw in the colliers news clip if u remember is was mentioned there that e. ganzon alloted 800m pesos for 2006 for their projects in cebu, baguio and cavite and could increase if they finally get to construct their 77 storey tower along edsa and ortigas, but i havent heard any news if their recent legal victory will finally pave the way for the construction of this long delayed project

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
doesn't city hall keep track of buildings that are being built in the city? or is this the Ortigas-Pasig area skycity's land? I don't think this'll be in HLURB though since it's office and hotel

·
Registered
249 Posts
wish the construction starts again.. dis can be a major landmark for the philippines!
how about a supertall in makati as high as taipei 101 hehe..

·
Strangely Normal
407 Posts
rockwell baller said:
wish the construction starts again.. dis can be a major landmark for the philippines!
how about a supertall in makati as high as taipei 101 hehe..
o please no... not as taipei 101, it will ruin MM's beautiful skyline
don't want a building just pop out of nowhere, maybe after a few 300m or 400m towers are built then ready na ang MM for one 500m tower.

·
Mucho Mandingo Papi
6,708 Posts
cosmoManila said:
This guy who works in the Mandaluyong City Hall said that they never heard any complaints from residents after the court gave a go signal for the construction of Skycity. Apparently, no one is aware that the building has a chance to continue its construction.
can we send these corporate/s an email that its okay to go now. they probably forget to build this building for us, hehehe.

·
Registered
507 Posts
chymera00 said:
don't want a building just pop out of nowhere, maybe after a few 300m or 400m towers are built then ready na ang MM for one 500m tower.
this is fine with me

·
7,201 Posts
tigidig14 said:
can we send these corporate/s an email that its okay to go now. they probably forget to build this building for us, hehehe.
I think its interesting that you mentioned that. Just surfing along and noticed that at least one major skyscraper project, the Eureka Tower, openly states that their facilities are there to partially cater to "tall building enthusiasts".

http://www.eurekatower.com.au/main.cfm

Click on Tower, then Observation Deck, and read the last paragraph. I wonder if Skycity will have that same philosophy... ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
chymera00 said:
Yeah...I agree... it will ruin the skyline.. it will make nearby buildings look shorter.. A tall building can be built outside a cluster of buildings.. maybe near an overpass just like the skycity location.. :)

121 - 140 of 302 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.