SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2822 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
^^ i noticed it yesterday when i passed the area. the property is right in front of the river - along the street that's parallel to Pasig River going to the bridge that goes from Mandaluyong to Makati Ave/JP Rizal. imo it's a good location being almost in Makati and will enjoy views of the both the Rockwell & Makati CBD skylines.

i think the site used to be a factory that closed after what seemed like a strike that dragged for some time.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
^^ Any rendering? If this is near the Makati Mandaluyong bridge then it will be the first of several high rise buildings that we will see in the area. With clear views of the posh Rockwell along with the Metropolitan Tower and the high-end Century City, the area will be a magnet to potential developers. Rockwell in fact will be building a bridge very near to the Makati Mandaluyong bridge and if negotiations push through, they might develop the Noah's Ark area into another Rockwell type development.

If these developments become reality, the Pasig river area, at least in the Makati-Mandaluyong-Pasig areas, will no longer be the backwater of the metropolis but will be the centerpiece and will spur the development of our beloved Pasig river.

·
voyager
0 Posts
I'll try to post its rendering later. I always pass this way from Makati to Mandaluyong. I've been busy the past months and I haven't contributed any to this forum. Yes, the site is the former Philippine Pipe and Foundry Corp.

·
voyager
0 Posts
It's located along Coronado Street near San Francisco Street in Brgy. Hulo, Mandaluyong City. The exact site is highlighted in the image below.

Image by d2digital (posted in the Ortigas Center Thread)

·
HRH
997 Posts
I stayed near that place when I was in 1st year college. I think that high-way is actually a river before. Ginawa lang high-way. This will have a good view of Rockwell center and Makati skyline.

@sugarboy, can you post sample computation for a unit.

·
Proud to be Filipino
4,821 Posts
I stayed near that place when I was in 1st year college. I think that high-way is actually a river before. Ginawa lang high-way. This will have a good view of Rockwell center and Makati skyline.

yup they build a road on top of the creek that runs along it... the creek is still there underneath...

yeah this will have a good view of Rockwell specially the south east sides which faces Rockwell...

·
11,459 Posts

Funny, up to now, a lot of people still call that road as "open canal".

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
yup they build a road on top of the creek that runs along it... the creek is still there underneath...
Funny, up to now, a lot of people still call that road as "open canal".

^^ because the road is so bumpy! you won't ever forget that it used to be a canal... you literally bounce when you're driving through that street... imo they didn't do a good job with those huge man holes :eek:hno:

1 - 20 of 2822 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.