Cor. Escario Extension
& Archbishop Reyes Ave., (fronting CBP)
Cebu City, Philippines

...latest artist's rendering: (as of August 2008) pic by @dive_cebu

·
:-) good vibes!
15,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
...soon, we can post the rendering of this u/c hotel courtesy of SSC Cebu's energetic forumers

Posts of 8 June 2007 @ Cebu Main Thread

i passed by @ CBP gnha... there is already a sign about the 25storey hotel accross parklane...

"on this site will rise a 25storey hongkong hotel" murag ing.ani man ako pagkabasa...

mura ug matabunan gyud ang parklane hotel ani...

Escario Street seems to me the investor's favorite place to build taller condo/hotel buildings in Cebu: with 25 Floors Winland Towers condo, 24 Floors Golden Peak Hotel, 18 floors Parklane Hotel and the 25 floors hotel u/c fronting and the 25 floors Grand Cenia condo/hotel nearby. It would have been better if this was a 6-lane road with center islands from Capitol to Arch. Reyes. I hope that Escario Street still has space for possible expansion or for conversion to six-lane in the future. :)

^^ sakto! nakalimut lng ko gnha... mao man ang building permit 25 floors... hope naay ma.post nga rendering ani nga building...

Hongkong Plaza? ako i.search

mas maayo ug ang mu.operate sa 25 storey hotel kay ang Royal Plaza Hotel... hehehehe!

naa nman Park Lane ug MArco Polo ang Cebu! daghan xad mga hoteliers from hongkong invading Cebu!

add to the list of hotels... Shang... Hilton... Yipee!!!! :banana:

^^ As what Ive understood, this is a joint project between a local hotelier (Diplomat Hotel) and an international partner. Uhmmm..im not sure though, this is what JArenz told me.

Having HK hotel brands in Cebu is a good move. Most of our visitors are from East Asia who are (I supposed) familiar with international hotel brands based in HongKong. To have a couple of these brands in Cebu will surely boost Cebu's tourism industry in a global perspective.

:banana: :banana:

So it is confirmed 2 25-storey hotels fronting each other! One is the Grand Cenia, the other Hongkong Plaza! This calls for a celebration! :cheers:

·
ceboooooooom
1,094 Posts
This could be the city's first 5-star hotel. :eek:kay:

·
ceboooooooom
1,094 Posts
^^ yeah bai, busy sa other projects. hehe. but maybe this week makalugar na ug suroy-suroy na sad para sa updates.

·
15,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ ayos bai! ...pwede request? ..i hope you can post here, your pics of month ago or so showing the clearing operation/excavation of the area....

·
ceboooooooom
1,094 Posts
^^

no problemo parekoy!

a.k.a. the "Toblerone Building"

·
15,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...TY bai....nakit-an sab na nako ang other pics bai!

So it will be built here in that fenced lot beside the flyover.
Archbishop Reyes Flyover

So every corner of this Intersection of Archbishop Reyes ave. and Solon Street will have tall structures. First time in Cebu :banana::rock:

The site where Hong Kong Plaza Hotel will be built

·
ceboooooooom
1,094 Posts
^^napa bai...hehe

phone pics

The 25 storey Hongkong Plaza Hotel last 04.26.07 (third day of their digging)
A glass triangular building with no definite color yet.

____ __ __ _____ _ _ _____ _

The 25 storey Grand Cenia hotel beside the Hongkong Plaza Hotel will have their groundbreaking this May, construction will start this July or August

·
15,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^ the nice view of CBP from Parklane Hotel will soon be blocked...i wonder if this will affect the hotels' occupancy once Hong Kong Plaza is operational...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
i hope they will post their rendering soooon...

·
Banned
4,376 Posts
i hope they will post their rendering soooon...
hopefully i can post the rendering of it ,,, im now working for it,,, its too strict regarding the permit

·
5,866 Posts
^^ the nice view of CBP from Parklane Hotel will soon be blocked...i wonder if this will affect the hotels' occupancy once Hong Kong Plaza is operational...

Oo nga..sayang yung pool area ng Park Lane.....Ok pa naman yung current view. But sad to say, this would soon be blocked by HongKong Plaza and Cebu Commercial Tower. But i think, the Pagbig Tower can still be viewed from there.

·
Banned
197 Posts
Hong Kong Plaza Hotel na ba yung final name? medyo parang alangan yata,why do they have to use Hong Kong. Why not make it something like Cebu Majestic or Cebu Grand:D

·
ceboooooooom
1,094 Posts
^^ to make it sound international. hehehe. and who knows, it might be really managed by a Hong Kong hotelier.

·
Certified Cebuano
106 Posts
we'll have to say goodbye to the majestic view of Parklane once this hotel gets erected.. i hope the design of it is glassy, so we can still see Parklane through it :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 1374 Posts