SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sky is the Limit
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Javier Design Studio Manila http://javierdesignstudiomanila.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/project-number-65-college-of-saint-benilde-sports-complex/

College of Saint Benilde Sports Complex

The firm’s vision of the proposed Sports Complex of the College of Saint Benilde located at Malate in Manila.

Amenities include a community park, swimming pool, courts for basketball, badminton, table tennis and volleyball, studios for dance, martial arts and group exercises, jogging track, roof deck football pitch, fitness clinic and spa, faculty rooms and offices, training classrooms, food court, dormitories, chapel and parking.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I think the above designs on white boxes didn't elaborate as it is the existing structures but i focused on the tower building whereas the proposed sports complex will be built in every floor...just my opinion...

·
Augustinian/Benildean
723 Posts
The architect of the proposed complex is one our professors here! :D

·
What the F!!
909 Posts

Javier Design Studio Manila http://javierdesignstudiomanila.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/project-number-65-college-of-saint-benilde-sports-complex/

College of Saint Benilde Sports Complex

The firm’s vision of the proposed Sports Complex of the College of Saint Benilde located at Malate in Manila.

Amenities include a community park, swimming pool, courts for basketball, badminton, table tennis and volleyball, studios for dance, martial arts and group exercises, jogging track, roof deck football pitch, fitness clinic and spa, faculty rooms and offices, training classrooms, food court, dormitories, chapel and parking.
hmmmm.. there is the SDA Bldg.. so ang tower ay sa likod lang ng benilde hall?! kasi yugn mga white na yan.. baka buildings ng st.scho yan kung titignan mo kasi tong render na ito.. buong block siya nawala ang st.scho..heheh tapat ng SDA Bldg ang campus ng St.Scho...

·
In the bridge
356 Posts
The architect of the proposed complex is one our professors here! :D
Ganda ng design. Innovative. I think CSB-SDA is not your typical architecture school. They allow for futuristic, unique designs. :) IMO lng. :cheers:

·
Augustinian/Benildean
723 Posts

·
Closet Dutertard
896 Posts
Good uncommon design. It's about time they should do away with ACP and instead play around with materials like steel, glass, wood and whatnot. I would love to see more gardens and green spaces at different levels. At sana isabay na nila yung exterior transformation ng CSB-SDA building, with its insane grungy look. :lol:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hindi lang kagandahan yung location nya, nevertheless, still good addition to our skyline. Hope other developer would follow erecting good looking buildings.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The costs of building this new building is nothing compared to the reserves La Salle has accumulated over the years. Just recently a "ninong" donated 250M and last year a certain Taipan donated 300M. Dagdag mo pa yung proceeds nila from DLSU, CSB, LSGH and DLSZ and other individual donors. La Salle's estimated reserves were shocking when I heard of it. Akala mo major real estate company.

Kaya nagtataka ako why they have't expanded in such a long time. With all the available lots they could have easily bought a lot in Bonifacio Global City and established a bigger campus there. A BGC lot is cheaper than buying Rizal Memorial. Imagine Ayala got the 80 hectare FTI property for only 24B yet the 12 hectare RMC is being sold for 8-10B.

·
Reformed Faith
367 Posts
la salle doesn't have much money to build like that but benilde can do.. why? kasi culinary course ang isa sa bumubuhay sa Benilde plus the hotel pa. kaya yaka nila talaga..
Our CSB hotel does not really bring in that much revenue. the Hotel is only two floors plus about 1/4th of the ground floor. And all programs/courses contribute to earnings of the school.

So let me rephrase my statement, De La Salle Philippines is awash with cash.
Resources between the 17 schools are shared across DLSP becuase honestly speaking, the only big revenue generating La Salle schools are Manila, Dasma, Health Science, Benilde, Greenhills and Zobel. Tuition to these schools are nothing compared to the other La Salle schools under DLSP.

·
Reformed Faith
367 Posts
The costs of building this new building is nothing compared to the reserves La Salle has accumulated over the years. Just recently a "ninong" donated 250M and last year a certain Taipan donated 300M. Dagdag mo pa yung proceeds nila from DLSU, CSB, LSGH and DLSZ and other individual donors. La Salle's estimated reserves were shocking when I heard of it. Akala mo major real estate company.

Kaya nagtataka ako why they have't expanded in such a long time. With all the available lots they could have easily bought a lot in Bonifacio Global City and established a bigger campus there. A BGC lot is cheaper than buying Rizal Memorial. Imagine Ayala got the 80 hectare FTI property for only 24B yet the 12 hectare RMC is being sold for 8-10B.
Hmm... The La Sallian community is heavy on tradition. There have been plans for years to move out all programs (except graduate programs)from the Taft campus, but nothing has happened. i think the community itself does not want to move away from its present location.

Tradition dictates that The address of De La Salle University - Manila will forever be:

2401 Taft Avenue Manila

·
In the bridge
356 Posts
Our CSB hotel does not really bring in that much revenue. the Hotel is only two floors plus about 1/4th of the ground floor. And all programs/courses contribute to earnings of the school.

So let me rephrase my statement, De La Salle Philippines is awash with cash.
Resources between the 17 schools are shared across DLSP becuase honestly speaking, the only big revenue generating La Salle schools are Manila, Dasma, Health Science, Benilde, Greenhills and Zobel. Tuition to these schools are nothing compared to the other La Salle schools under DLSP.
Question: Does Dasma have the same tuition rates as DLSU-M? :)

//I think funds coming from the students' tuition fees aren't shared with other DLS schools. Remember the DLS Centennial Raffle for the scholarship fund? I think that's one of the funds shared among the 17 Lasallian schools. But if ever tuition fees are indeed shared among schools, I think USLS in Bacolod couldn't really be considered dependent (if not a contributor) to that "shared fund". That school, although provincial has a LOT of benefactors from wealthy Negrenses and the school, although may not be as posh as its MM counterparts, can be considered as an elite school in the province. :) It is home to more than 13000 students.

·
Reformed Faith
367 Posts

//I think funds coming from the students' tuition fees aren't shared with other DLS schools. Remember the DLS Centennial Raffle for the scholarship fund? I think that's one of the funds shared among the 17 Lasallian schools. But if ever tuition fees are indeed shared among schools, I think USLS in Bacolod couldn't really be considered dependent (if not a contributor) to that "shared fund". That school, although provincial has a LOT of benefactors from wealthy Negrenses and the school, although may not be as posh as its MM counterparts, can be considered as an elite school in the province. :) It is home to more than 13000 students.
Dasma is not as expensive than those 2 in Taft. But it is not cheap unlike the others in Antipolo and Araneta. USLS i would assume is also financially independent as it has a big source of revenue.

The tuition from the Posh La Salle School somehow finds its way for scholarships and to subsidize the expenses of La Salle schools that are for the masses.

Eg. LSGH used to heavily support Antipolo in the past esp during the 90s.

·
What the F!!
909 Posts
. LSGH used to heavily support Antipolo in the past esp during the 90s.
meron pang isang sinusupervised ang LSGH sa dasmarinas cavite.. yung st.francis..

ayon sa naririnig ko kahit mahal daw sa dasma e mas pinipili pa rin ng mga taga cavite ang makapasok dun.. dahil na rin siguro sa pangalan ng school at mga programs nito.

same rates ng tuition? malayo siguro dahil semestral naman sa dasma at trimestral sa manila.. iba rin ang rates sa canlubang dahil iba iba din naman ang programs dun.. pero ang diko sure ay kung trimestral na rin sa canlubang

i think hindi nila bibilhin ang Rizal Memorial aanhin pa nila ang RMSC kung hawak na nila ang 50hectare na campus sa Canlubang.. nakuha na kasi nila yun..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts