SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Here are some pics of the Rizal stadium in Manila, Philippines, after a recent renovation. It is now the national football stadium where the national team plays his games.

The stadium was build in 1934 and renovated in 2011. It is located in the heart of Manila in the Malate district.
Capacity: 30 000 ( 12 873 for football in accordance with FIFA's seating specifications)

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
^^ the stadium should not be in this section - it's much smaller then 30 k

·
28,090 Posts
I thinks its 30k because of it has got terraces.
Cap. as all-seater would be 12,873??

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
For a while there, I once considered removing the track and converting the Jose Rizal Stadium in a football-only stadium.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
^^ What I read (from somewhere a while back) was that the track would become 6 lanes only (thus disabling it's ability to host international track events), presumably the pitch lowered, and seating placed all around the stadium (with possibly a new bowl) to meet FIFA requirements.

I take it now only the main grandstand fits FIFA requirements due to it only being with individual seating.

What I would do as a stage 2, would be to completely remove the track and see if it can be made into a rectangular stadium, I take it that some seats that are in the main stand which run along the length of the track, will need to be removed due to poor viewing.

If you gut out such seats, convert the space into access points, entrances and concessions, as well as add new stands, then perhaps seating can be as much as 30,000 proper.

And then what you do is perhaps remove the pool, maybe the tennis courts, and the baseball stadium. Perhaps build a new pool, occupying the former baseball stadium.

Because you will build a brand new major track stadium seating at least 70,000 in some new development on the coast, with perhaps a major aquatics center, a new baseball park and velodrome.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's time for brand new stadium to be built here, this one is old, small and outdated...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Removing tracks, that would be fine. The artfical pitch may save money but it could cause more injuries to the players... Do you know when it will be done?

·
Registered
798 Posts
A Closer Look at Rizal Memorial’s Upcoming Artificial Grass Football Pitch

https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/thepassionatefan/closer-look-rizal-memorial-upcoming-artificial-grass-football-053708636.html

By Bob Guerrero | The Passionate Fan – 6 hours ago

The Philippine Azkals played their last Manila home game well over a year ago in the Challenge Cup qualifiers, defeating Turkmenistan 1-0. Since then Rizal Memorial Football Stadium has been in limbo as players and fans have waiting for the installation of an artificial-grass pitch.The wait will soon be over. E-Sports International, the contractor for the surface, is within weeks of completing the work on the new field. I checked it out on Wednesday and found out that it will be a unique playing surface with some ground-breaking technologies.

Let's get one thing out of the way: yes, it will be the correct size. The old Rizal pitch was around 102 meters long and around 66 meters wide. That is within the FIFA tolerances for international play, which stipulates a minimum of 100 meters in length and 64 meters in width. But the PFF insisted that the new field be 68 meters wide and 105 meters long, FIFA's preferred size for elite matches. The field now ever so slightly cuts into the first lane of the track.I am told the field will be ready for play by the last week of May. In June officials from an independent laboratory will fly in to conduct tests on the field's bounce, friction, flatness, and other aspects. It is hoped that the lab will confer on to the pitch the coveted FIFA 2 Star accreditation that will make the surface suitable for any FIFA competition, even a World Cup final stage match.Then at last the Azkals can once again play the Beautiful Game in front of their adoring Manila-based fans on a perfect pitch.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Football Returns to Rizal Memorial Stadium

https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/thepassionatefan/football-returns-rizal-memorial-154416423.html?.tsrc=yahoo

I can remember the exact moment when I realized I missed watching football in Rizal Memorial so badly.It was in the first half of the Green Archers United Globe match against Stallion on Saturday night. There was a handful of folks in the grandstand, and a chance at goal materialized. The crowd wasn't huge, but the cumulative oohs, aahhs, shrieks, and gasps managed to reverberate off the weathered steel columns and roof and echo all over the ground.It was a feeling that I didn't realize I missed until then. The sensation was unique, comforting, and familiar. The cathedral of Philippine football was back in commission.Soon after the Azkals defeated Turkmenistan in the qualifiers of the AFC Challenge Cup in March of 2013, Rizal Memorial Football Stadium went under the proverbial knife, with its two-year old bermuda turf dug up to be replaced with a Limonta artificial turf from Italy. There were fits and starts and hitches and issues with the installation that dragged on interminably. Deadlines were pushed back, I believe more than once.

Meanwhile interest in the Azkals and football in general plateaued, thanks in no small part to a lack of Metro Manila home games. Without the national stadium available, home games were played in Bacolod and Cebu.But finally, the good folks at E-Sports got the job done, and on Saturday, the new turf hosted its first competitive match, with Kaya defeating Pachanga PLDT Home Fibr 4-1 in the United Football League's Football Alliance Charity Cup.That game kicked off at three pm on a hot and muggy day, so it was a toasty affair. But the new turf proved to be very playable indeed in spite of the heat.But at halftime of the evening's Archers – Stallion match, GAU's Chieffy Caligdong was all thumbs-up for the field, saying the pitch was easier on his feet and felt a lot more like natural grass than Emperador, which is also a Limonta pitch. For sure the extra cushiness can be attributed to two things, 1) a “shockdrain” layer under the carpet that, as the name suggests, both leaches water out and cushions impact, and 2) the smaller rubber infill granules that are more dirt-like and would presumably “give” more like the real thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JOBS ABROAD: 10 - ARTIFICIAL TURF INSTALLER

JOBS FOR ABROAD:

10 - ARTIFICIAL TURF & RUBBER FLOORING TECHNICIAN

- for football stadium

COMPANY: ADVANCE SUPPLIES HOLDING CO.
WORK SITE: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA

SALARY: NEGOTIABLE

IF INTERESTED, PLEASE REPORT ASAP TO OUR AGENCY:

GULF HORIZON INTL. SERVICES INC.
509 MERCHANT CTR. BLDG PADRE FAURA COR. MABINI ERMITA MANILA
(TOP OF JOLLIBEE, INFRONT OF 7-11)

YOU MAY EMAIL YOUR CV AND SUPPORTING DOCS @ [email protected]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Will this be affected by the re-development proposed by Mayor Estrada and business man Ricky Razon... Turning the complex into a commercial centre with a mall & cinema... I hope that the historical features like clocks, score boards, lighting fixtures and the iconic Art Deco features will be saved... I read that a Philippine Sports Museum will be put up... It would be great to see medals, trophies, gears - boxing gloves, tennis rackets, balls or jerseys will be displayed from the Filipino Sports Greats and winning teams in National, Far East Games, Asian Games, ASEAN Games, World Championships, Olympic Games will be featured... Philippine Sports Commision inducting Filipino Sports Greats into an annual Hall of Fame like the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award...

·
Registered
103 Posts

2019 SEA Games Venue - Rizal Memorial Sports Complex renovation.

As of the moment, they're now setting up scaffolding and fences near the coliseum area. Construction starts in July and ends on November, just on time for the SEA Games.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Update on the renovation and restoration of the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex, including the Rizal Memorial Track and Football Stadium for the 2019 Southeast Asian Games (the first video one incorrectly refers that stadium as "Ninoy Aquino Stadium" which is actually an indoor arena besides the Track and Football stadium), the renovation and restoration is set to complete on November 15 to November 20:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts