SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2649 Posts

·
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is at the former site (or behind the former site) of the art deco Jai Alai building, across Luneta.

·
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ Yes, that is the lot. Very prime and will offer unimpeded views of Manila Bay as no high-rise will (hopefully) be built within Luneta/Rizal Park.

·
Banned
484 Posts
ang gandang lugar, elementary at high school ang anak mo sa santa isabel, college sa UP, masters sa La salle, Doctorate sa UST, tig iisang ride lang

·
Registered
876 Posts
^^ Yes, that is the lot. Very prime and will offer unimpeded views of Manila Bay as no high-rise will (hopefully) be built within Luneta/Rizal Park.
may render na ba, how many storeys ...? sana they'll make the most out of the location ... really unobstructed view of Rizal Park and Manila Bay ...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Based on the vicinity map , this will be located at the back of former Jai Alai building and not along Taft Avenue. Mayroon lang cyang maliit na access road from Taft.

This is the former site of the art deco Jai Alai building, across Luneta.

·
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
may render na ba, how many storeys ...? sana they'll make the most out of the location ... really unobstructed view of Rizal Park and Manila Bay ...
No details at all yet. No renders. I hope they come out with the details and perspectives soon.

Based on the vicinity map , this will be located at the back of former Jai Alai building and not along Taft Avenue. Mayroon lang cyang maliit na access road from Taft.
Oh, I didn't notice that, thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
maganda nga ito, i saw the property fenced and marked as DMCI property at talagang unobstructed view of Manila bay. Naalala ko lang na dati dito nakatayo ung Sky Room na isang art deco building na dati pa nga ngkaka-debate pa mula sa mga conservationist kasi nga heritage building ito.. pero ang sbai ng LGU ng manila eh may public purpose nga kasi gagawin city college of manila ata or justice hall to house the courts of manila na sobtrang cramped na kawawa naman ung may mga kaso.. tapos eto pala ngayon :(

·
Registered
876 Posts
well .., di pa yan ang official (sana mas mataas pa :colgate:) pero kung ganyan nga eh, I think it's as tall as La Verti but taller than Sorrel ...

·
Closet Dutertard
896 Posts
Resort-inspired high-rise residential condo ba kamo? Luma na yan e. :eek:hno: I still lament the fact that this building (another condo development at that) will be built in the former grounds of the iconic Jai-Alai building. DMCI could have done away with that tag just for this once, and banked instead on the architecture and history of the lot's former tenant and make it its selling proposition. Just my two singkong butas.

·
One Of A Kind!
2,654 Posts
It has been discussed in different threads before. Nobody coud stop them in demolishing that beautiful green and white building. At least, we were glad when we came to know that Luneta Hotel would not suffer the same fate that Jai-Alai Building did. Time to move on. I think this DMCI project is worth the watch. Render must be better than good.

·
Closet Dutertard
896 Posts
Apparently, someone did not catch my drift. So OK, we are better off moving on. I am curious with the development and I will look forward to the rest.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Those facing Luneta im sure will be sold out fast. Even if it is quite a distance from Manila Bay, views are most likely never going to be blocked. But curiously, why did they name it Torre de Manila? Tuloy, akala ko same developer eto as torre lorenzo.. hehe..

·
Nation Builder
346 Posts
Maganda yung location. I agree sold out agad yung mga units na nakaharap sa Rizal park, and hopefully iconic yung design kasi nga kitang kita sa Rizal park. Bakit kaya di nila ginamit yung name na Torre Luneta?:nuts: or Rizal Residences?:D

:2cents:

·
Registered
449 Posts
yeah, aside from the good manila bay view, the sprawling view of Luneta is more than enough! Magkano kaya indicative pricing nito? Plus points talaga ang "almost certain" no view blockage - ang problem lang sa location is traffic lagi sa area na ito.. Anyway, u have a nearby savemore just at the groundfloor and LRT station so convenience is a plus as well.

1 - 20 of 2649 Posts