Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Never really noticed before, but there's some distinct art nouveau motifs on that last heritage facade ^^. The art deco style in Manly is more prolific of course. Great pics. :cheers:

·
Registered
884 Posts
I feel warmer just looking at those.
Love Manly, it adds to the diversity of Sydney. You can be sitting in a lane in Sydney city having a coffee feeling all sex in the city, or noodles in a crazy Newtown arty cafe, jump on a ferry and you're in a tropical seaside town enjoying the water and sun. Ahhhhh the diversity.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The Ferry ride is the best thing about going to Manly. I could never get tired of it. It's the best way to see the relationship the urban environment has with the natural environment, it makes for something spectacular, only a handful of cities around the world can replicate.

·
Saint Timmy
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel warmer just looking at those.
Love Manly, it adds to the diversity of Sydney. You can be sitting in a lane in Sydney city having a coffee feeling all sex in the city, or noodles in a crazy Newtown arty cafe, jump on a ferry and you're in a tropical seaside town enjoying the water and sun. Ahhhhh the diversity.
If only we could get our CBD right..

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
The Ferry ride is the best thing about going to Manly. I could never get tired of it. It's the best way to see the relationship the urban environment has with the natural environment, it makes for something spectacular, only a handful of cities around the world can replicate.
Closest thing in the world would have to be the Staten Island Ferry,

And I think we have it beat.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I always found the closest comparison to Sydney harbour and its ferries, including the terminals, is Istanbul and the Bosphorus and they arguably have it beat. ;)

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
The ride to Manly is one of the highlights but it can feel like your in another world once your there. Great place to spend the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts