SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I claim to be staff.
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From JS Online Daywatch:

Gilbane Building Co. has been selected as construction manager for Manpower Inc.'s new headquarters building under construction in downtown Milwaukee, it was announced today.

Gilbane will oversee construction of the 280,000-square-foot building, which will overlook the Milwaukee River, just south of W. Cherry St., and will be completed by the fall of 2007. Manpower will move 900 employees to the building from Glendale and Brookfield.

The building will be owned by developer Gary Grunau and his partners, who will lease it to Manpower. Grunau also is senior vice president and regional manager for Gilbane's north central region.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Gilbane, Inc. website:

The $50 million project includes the headquarters building, the extension of the Milwaukee RiverWalk and an adjacent 1,260-stall, seven-story parking structure connected to the building via a skywalk. To promote a community environment, the office building will face the Milwaukee River and feature a public plaza. Manpower plans to move an estimated 900 employees to the downtown Milwaukee site, and may add as many as 300 more in the next five years.

Growing Downtown
Local officials believe Manpower’s presence will help attract development and bring a significant boost to the downtown area, expecting employees to frequent restaurants, shops and hotels.

“Milwaukee’s downtown area has seen tremendous growth due to the RiverWalk system, which we are proud to have been a part of,” notes Gary Grunau, senior vice president and regional manager for Gilbane’s North Central Region. “This building, located on the Milwaukee River, will take our downtown into the next phase. Not many urban centers are seeing Fortune 200 companies relocate from suburban locations into the central city. This move will provide jobs for Milwaukee citizens and have a tremendous impact on the city’s image.”

Thinking Green
To create a facility that’s both functional and beneficial to the area, Gilbane and Eppstein Uhen Architects, Inc. will design and engineer the headquarters building to be Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified. Energy-conscious elements like effective use of daylighting and under-floor-air-distribution systems are planned, as well as efforts to reduce water usage, recycle materials and provide public transportation access.

“It takes commitment by the entire team — owner, designer and construction manager — to execute a LEED project successfully,” said Gilbane Pre-Construction Manager Kevin Bredeson. “I’m proud to be a part of this exciting project that will have such a positive impact on the downtown Milwaukee area.”

·
Fresh Coast
1,513 Posts
MilwaukeeMark said:
Sorry about that, I meant to post this thread in the Milwaukee Development Thread.
I was wondering about that. Great information on the new project though, thanks for posting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts