SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this beautiful day I thought I'd take my camera on a quick trip to the forgotten city... Manukau.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This one in particular is a shocker- smashed windows held together with duct tape, rotting exterior :puke:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aucklandman said:
manukau is real 80s boom lol, in the third pic down that building is really cool. Whenever i see the manukau council building i think of barry curtis lol
The Council pic I took while driving my car at 70km/h LOL. I'm surprised it turned out at all!

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
aucklandman said:
manukau is real 80s boom lol, in the third pic down that building is really cool. Whenever i see the manukau council building i think of barry curtis lol
I think of Barry Manilow! Thank your lucky stars you didn't grow up with him!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has anyone heard anything recently about the proposed hotel development Manukau City. It was annouced by Marriot sometime ago, their web site still states

When the 224-room Courtyard by Marriott Manukau City opens in 2006, it will be the company's first hotel in New Zealand. It will be managed by Marriott under an agreement with Manukau Hotel Joint Venture.

Believe this may be another development to add to the list for AKL if it goes ahead?

PS I have just read that ground has been broken on this and it due to be completed 2008, from a reandering I saw a while ago I seem to think it was at least 10 floors?
I drove by the other day and there does seem to be something going on there.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
dubious said:
This one in particular is a shocker- smashed windows held together with duct tape, rotting exterior :puke:
I remember ads voor the Nissan Sunny back around 1980 using this building as a ''modern'' backdrop. It certainly needs some TLC now.

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
sth_Auk said:
Is that Manukaus version of Sky tower there with the flag on top... lol :)

·
-_-
487 Posts
DavidEugene said:
Is that Manukaus version of Sky tower there with the flag on top... lol :)
Nah its a fearfall ride one of many rides in the Rainbow ends fun park, where you can experience freefall from the top to the bottom. :)

1 - 20 of 302 Posts