Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
35,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

well here's the first image, a perspective free cross section of the city and its eastern fringe from the east, chosen because this view is almost complete.
this image has a margin of error of 2 meters, 1 pixel either way depending on whether the render engine averaged up or down for each ray or was spot on.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This is absolutely brilliant... although the dark grey block next to Heron is unknown to me (80-88). Is that the design, or simply a block expressing what could go there?

This view has got to be one of the most powerful. And on top of all that, canary wharf gets to see that view, and what its major competitor can do in retaliation!!!

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
That looks great, so much density :cheers:

When do you think you will complete the other views gothic?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yes that is good, is that minerva blocking swiss re? would be interested to see what this would look like without it as it seems unlikely to go ahead now. Great work.

·
35,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no idea medo. im doing about 2 blocks a day... maybe by the end of june. i basically need to work west from fenchurch street, broadgate and so on.

·
South East Nine
39,931 Posts
Fantastic job :applause:

Does anyone know the viewpoint/angle which best heightens the density of this cluster?
(ie: viewing from the east etc)

·
Blackboard Monitor
1,324 Posts
Gothic, I don't recall you voicing your opinion on 20 Fenchurch street? Are you in favour of its design and location?

I'm a big fan and I think your image shows how it really adds an interesting dimension to the skyline.

·
Divemaster!
6,699 Posts
Great pic there Gothic, although the same image with a refence to each building would be even better...is that too much to ask??

:cheers:

·
35,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres labels for some stuff, not to scale. i was sceptical of fenchurch street myself but i thnk it works too, it just looks a bit lonely though im sure the gap between it and bishopsgate will be filled.

·
35,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its gonna be largely student accomodation so they wont hang around for long. im sure we'll see work on site in the next 12 months

·
Registered
491 Posts
woodhousen said:
im liking it a lot.....just 20 frenchchurch just ruins it totally for me!

Same here!

WTF were they thinking?!

they could of at least put it in the Cluster!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
gothicform said:
heres labels for some stuff, not to scale. i was sceptical of fenchurch street myself but i thnk it works too, it just looks a bit lonely though im sure the gap between it and bishopsgate will be filled.

If only Willis had been 200ft taller........ :)

oh well, can't complain, things are brilliant as they are :yes:

·
35,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well done will, citypoint! you win a prize. remember this is a perspective free images so objects closest to the camera are not larger than those further away. ill do a perspective one from the same angle when i get home on friday to give you guys a better idea.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts