SkyscraperCity banner

561 - 580 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
Regarding updating the map - is there any easy way of helping update it? Or could I simply post in here informing everyone of changes to developments. I can think of a few near me that haven't been updated on the brisdev map in a long time.

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
Feel free to post any changes needed in here or as Flipst3r has said you can PM them or myself :)

PS. Anyone know any QUT students?...I need my nearmap fix! I feel like I've gone partially blind without it!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Feel free to post any changes needed in here or as Flipst3r has said you can PM them or myself :)

PS. Anyone know any QUT students?...I need my nearmap fix! I feel like I've gone partially blind without it!
I know a few, do they usually get access to near map or only those that do certain subjects?

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
^^ I'm fairly certain they all do as it is part of the online library resources. Not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
I'm in the inner north so I'm usually up to date with what's happening around those suburbs.

I'm also curious as to what people would define 'complete' as. To me, if the scaffolding is coming down, and the finishing touches like landscaping are all that's happening, I'd call that complete. For example as of yesterday, it looks as though the scaffolding on the James St Hotel is coming down, but it's obviously not open to the public yet. Would you define that as 'complete' in regards to our brisdev map?

Complete:
15 Allen St, Hamilton
Tower 5 & 6 (Shayer Group) on Remora Rd in Hamilton look complete to me.
College Junction, Sandgate Rd
Storage King, Abbotsford Rd
25 Wooloowin Ave, Wooloowin
Newstead Series Stage 1 & 2
Westfield Chermside
Hamilton Reach

U/C
Chester & Ella 1 & 2

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm in the inner north so I'm usually up to date with what's happening around those suburbs.

I'm also curious as to what people would define 'complete' as. To me, if the scaffolding is coming down, and the finishing touches like landscaping are all that's happening, I'd call that complete. For example as of yesterday, it looks as though the scaffolding on the James St Hotel is coming down, but it's obviously not open to the public yet. Would you define that as 'complete' in regards to our brisdev map?

Hope this helps.
Most of these should be good now, as well as a few others that I noticed were outstanding.

I think if it is visually complete that's fine, sometimes there might be a few retail spots unopened etc but the rest of complex is good. If there's a website associated with the development it might say when too.

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
^^ I usually change to complete around when landscaping is being done, that usually means the construction only has a week or two to go max.

Doesn't seem to much going on at 466 Ann St. The 37st Treelight proposal was meant to be taking the place of the smaller Apple apartments. I notice they still have the old Apple sign on the wall.

It seems to be approved on the BCC site, but that was in 2016.
I think I saw someone mention that this site has been put up for sale, unfortunately.

Reactions: LeSnakk

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My guess is there about 10-15 that need updating in the Windsor - Chermside area. I have noted a few when I went through there this afternoon.

·
5,031 Posts
Here's a list of a few developments that I'm aware of:

Kangaroo Point
>28 Annie Street: U/C
>Lume: U/C

New Farm
>61 Barker Street: U/C
>55 Oxlade Drive: U/C

Newstead
>Lucent (Stage 1): Complete
>67-73 Doggett Street (aka "Nero"): Complete

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
I would've visited it at least 1000 times since late last year, I'm dead serious it helps me research stuff and is honestly a great asset. Well done team for keeping it alive and creating such an awesome tool.

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
Awesome to see it has hit 1 Million!

The map is getting close to 5 years old as well!

Thanks to everyone helping out and using it over that time! I have chosen to give full control of the map over to flipst3r now as I just don't have the time to keep it updated anymore and flipst3r has been doing a great job over the last few months! So any questions about the map should be directed towards him from now on. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Awesome to see it has hit 1 Million!

The map is getting close to 5 years old as well!

Thanks to everyone helping out and using it over that time! I have chosen to give full control of the map over to flipst3r now as I just don't have the time to keep it updated anymore and flipst3r has been doing a great job over the last few months! So any questions about the map should be directed towards him from now on. :cheers:
Cheers, Eastern37! :cheers:

I've also started a new map - Brisbane Ideas Map and have began adding suggestions from the Ideas and Dreams thread. If anyone wants access PM me your gmail. :)

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
How come 251 Wickham Street is marked as U/C? I swear it has been for months yet every time I go past there's absolutely no action or visible signs of anything happening there?

Also for some housekeeping:

Completed:

Stage 1 of Ascot Green.
Ascot Central.
Metro Newstead 4 & 5.
Calile James St finished yet? Was being landscaped two weeks ago and taking bookings from September 25.
398 St Paul's Terrace.
300 Adelaide St Podium - Merc now in besides a restaurant.
232 Wellington Rd.
The Drapery.
West Village Stage 1???
Coles Alderly.
3 Osbourne Rd.
Estilo Stage 1.
Harper on Hamilton.
Reading Cinema.
Illumina.
Boulevard Buranda Stage 1???

U/C

Newport Northshore
17-23 Byron St
45 Byron St
47-59 Byron St
California Lane / almost complete though.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I think Metro Newstead stage 5 has been shelved until the next cycle. Thats the one on Stratton St and Ann St I think, the final Stratton St tower site is mothballed.

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
^^ Good idea. Should we make the 'Valley Live' proposal orange, that's been withdrawn from memory.

561 - 580 of 603 Posts