SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Letting off the happiness
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why Manchester isnt featured at all on the birds eye views of maps.live.com? The only areas of greater Manchester included are Wigan and a bit or Rochdale.

Anyone know a reason for this? Seems weird that Manchester isnt featured but pretty much every other town and city in the kingdom is? Including: Preston, Lancaster, Blackpool, Carlisle, Halifax, Burnley, Blackburn, Bradford, Huddersfield, Warrington, Stoke, Chester etc etc, pretty much everywhere except Manchester???

·
Registered
967 Posts
I contacted the company behind the Birds Eye views late last year and they said they have no plans at the moment to start flying planes across Manchester to record the images. We shall just have to hope they suddenly change their plans.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've just got some info from one of the guys on the Virtual Earth team here.

"A partial BE delivery will be provided to Microsoft by Mid-June consisting of approx. 233 sq km of Manchester"

Not sure whether that means it will be available mid June or whether Microsoft will receive the imagery from their vendor in that time and will then need to implement it.

Either way it should be here shortly and I presume will be very up to date.

·
Registered
967 Posts

"A partial BE delivery will be provided to Microsoft by Mid-June consisting of approx. 233 sq km of Manchester"

Not sure whether that means it will be available mid June or whether Microsoft will receive the imagery from their vendor in that time and will then need to implement it.

Well that's good news, pity it took them so long. Who knows, maybe it was because i contacted them last year, doubt it though LOL.

·
Letting off the happiness
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its bizarre that every other city in the UK was done first before Manchester though really isnt it? I cant imagine there is a massive demand for Accrington or Peterborough but there you go, theyre there and we arent. :-/ Still good its finally enroute.

·
Registered
967 Posts

This 'Birds Eye View' update is taking a long time, are we sure they have actually photographed Manchester?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.