SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I miss HK :(
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever stay at this hotel or see it? How would you rate it? Trying now to get a general feel for where it is, as I guess I'll be staying there this summer for 4-5 days. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Haven't stayed there, but one of my good friend's dad works there (as something or the other - don't know what..he's either a GM or something like that) and it's a 5* (I think? Might be a 4).

Great hotel...

Added bonus that it is right by Harbour City Mall (one of the biggest in HK), which aside from Central might be the greatest concentration of designer boutiques in HK (or even worldwide for that matter...).

It's a bit polluted though (the streets nearby that is) and the roads are crowded but hey...that's HK fer ya. :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
its great ... its like a one minute walk to the harbour, star ferry and ocean terminal ... and its on canton road ... 5-8mins walk to TST station

·
Registered
659 Posts
_00_deathscar said:
Haven't stayed there, but one of my good friend's dad works there (as something or the other - don't know what..he's either a GM or something like that) and it's a 5* (I think? Might be a 4).

Great hotel...

Added bonus that it is right by Harbour City Mall (one of the biggest in HK), which aside from Central might be the greatest concentration of designer boutiques in HK (or even worldwide for that matter...).

It's a bit polluted though (the streets nearby that is) and the roads are crowded but hey...that's HK fer ya. :D
it's a 4* - excellent location and the only drawback is that the hotel is quite old.

·
Registered
659 Posts
DasAutoKerl said:
Cool. Thanks for the input!

How long do you guys think it usually takes to get across the harbor?
it depends on the means of transportation...

the quickest way would be by star ferry and mtr. it's only 5 mins walk from marco polo to the ferry pier and it's another 5-10 mins to cross the harbour. there're two routes one going to central and the other going to wan chai.

the other option is mtr and it's 10 mins walk from marco polo to tsim sha tsui station and central is only 2 stops away (5 mins) so both trips would take approximately the same amount of time.

the most time consuming option is by bus... there're in fact not many bus routes going from tst to central (i think it's 307.. forumers correct me if i'm wrong) but there're far more choices if you go from hung hom station (about 10 cross-harbour routes) but it takes another 10 mins to get there either by mini-bus or KCR east rail. (from KCR East TST station to KCR Hung Hom station) total journey time would be around 30 mins i'd say.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Which Marco Polo hotel? There's 3 of them in TST aren't there? I stayed in the Hongkong hotel when I was over there a few months ago. It's nice, great views and well located, but the rooms are kind of old style, still looks grand though. Showers were a bit short for my liking. :\

I'd rate it 4 stars.

P.S If you walk through from the 3rd floor retail area of the hotel through to Ocean Terminal, you can walk out the doors on either side of the building, and get great open views of Wan Chai, Central and Sheung Wan. On the other side you get good views of construction at the Western Harbour Reclamation area (ICC and Union Square).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts