SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Marina Views (Updated)

I don't think any one has posted photos taken from the top of the Busarabia tower (is that it's name?) or the [current] top of the Shatha tower. So, here's a few for your viewing pleasure.

Fair warning: I have no tripod, and have shaky hands. These shots are not as clear as they could be.

It was the best shot I could get.... the night scene setting on my point-and-shoot requires absolute stillness, and it was really windy up there.

Just thought this was a cool shot.

The red lights make Al-seef look decidedly fiendish... also note the nice pool at the top of the podium.

Shatha tower is prettyy tall, this photo was taken level from the top of the other tower, and you cannot even see the top floor of Shatha tower.

Now the next three have a little story behind them. Getting on to any part of the palm jumeirah is not easy. They have patrol cars, walking secuity guards, and boats to ward off all the tourists wanting to do dangerous things. I wouldn't be suprise if they has booby traps and attack helicopters as well. My previous two attempts consisted of a. trying to walk up the trunk of the palm and b. trying to swim from the Royal Meridian beach out to the leaf islands on the side. Both failed, as I was turned back by security both times.

But, remember Dubai marina is next to the palm, giving me a way to walk within 100m of the island where the photos were taken. With my camera encased in 7 ziploc bags, I waited for the opportune time and swam the distance. I wanted to go to the outer wall or the palm, or to a frond, but a security boat started sirening me so I decided it was better not to make a scene and just headed back. At least I can say I've swam to the palm. :)

This photo makes the Marina look really un-dense. Of course, that's only because the big towers are still in the foundation stage. Le Reve looks tall.

Now the Marina looks dense!

Obligitory Burj al arab shot. Notice that the golden mile is rising.

Bigger versions availible here :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comments and criticism welcome.

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
great night shots !
now think about went there people living and lighting them all up
( thats if 80 % dont end up being empty ) :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
i think this was posted some where around this forum, its just a great night shot of the Marina, enjoy . . .

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Great shots !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts