SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,702 Posts
(Though I could swear I read that Schwarzenegger recently signed a contract at MaRS with McGuinty - something research related).
For stem cell research, I work at a stel cell research lab. California and Ontario will work together in funding new stem cell research. I work at McMaster which is building Innovation Park which is pretty much a carbon copy of MaRS.

Government support for R&D from the province is good but the problem is with the Conservatives at Ottawa. Their extremely picky at what can and can't be funded for R&D such as stem cell research.

· Registered
3,702 Posts
I'm so friggin glad I took biotech science for my post secondary education lol. Finding jobs in research has been pretty easy for me. I've applied to MaRS and they've offered me a job but I had to reject the offer, took McMaster instead (closer to home). But as I gain more experience I intend to apply to MaRS again.

· Registered
3,702 Posts
Go to the link below and watch a recent news clip about embryonic stem cells (ES cells) research and how the Conservatives are slowly trying to dismantle ES cell research in Canada. Mick Bhatia in the video clip is my boss.

http://www.cbc.ca/clips/rm-hi/mackinnon-stemcells-070212.rm

Basically summed up in that video clip is that currently a new ES cell research committee is being set up, they will regulate what can and can't be approved for ES cell research. So far every single committee member that Harper has appointed is against ES cell research. So take a wild guess what's going to happen eventually.....soon these committee members will start to deny new ES cell research in Canada.

· Registered
3,702 Posts
Most Life Sciences companies have warehouses in Mississauga such as BD Biosciences and VWR. Invitrogen recently relocated from Missy to Burlington. Thermo Fisher has a warehouse in Whitby. Those are the big four.

I work in a lab and deal with these pesky reps all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.