SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sypnosis:

The city of Mashad with a population of 2,2 milions has planned a light rail network. Works for the first line have started in 1999. The line will extend for 18km in north-west direction, with 22 stations, with 9km and 11 stations underground.

The city of Mashhad is the second-largest metropolitan area in Iran, and the capital of the north-eastern province of Khorasan. It has a population of more than 2.2 million.

In the mid-1990's the decision was taken to build a city-wide light rail network with large sections built underground in the city centre, and on separate right-of-way with few intersections along other routes.

The first line now under construction is an 18km north-west route with 22 stations, of which about 9km and 11 stations will be underground. Construction works began in Dec. 1999.

Route (from east to west):

Ghadir - 740 m - Etesami - 812 m - Hafez - 870 m - Basij - 1060 m - Imam Khomeini - 1273 m - Shariati - 813 m - Pastor - 758 m - Taleghani - 636 m - Phalestine - 1495 m - Khaiyam - 841 m - Azadi - 856 m - Park - 1009 m - Kosar - 850 m - Hashemieh - 778 m - Daneshamooz - 808 m - Daneshjoo - 721 m - Sadaf - 781 m - Tarbiat - 1027 m - Dandanpezeshkan - 1056 m - Namayeshgah - 1020 m - Koohestan Park - 500 m - Torghabeh

·
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found an old article saying it would be open in 2004, dunno how that went. I dont think they followed the schedule.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Nice... theyre really taking the initiative to install metros in all major cities of Iran.

They built this one quickly, but I guess its no where near the extent of Tehran's system lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
GREAT PICS ARYAN <<< is that good? loool hope it will be done before summer startsss :D thnkyou :D

·
Chespirito Style!!
8,064 Posts
Nice... theyre really taking the initiative to install metros in all major cities of Iran.

They built this one quickly, but I guess its no where near the extent of Tehran's system lol
That’s really impress, we don’t have something like that in Mexico, except for a couple of cities!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
^^Thanks, but it's very bad that they buy Chinese trains. China itself mainly buys metro's from Europe, but Iran buys the cheap and bad metro's from China :(

·
a tangy drink!
4,260 Posts
Mostly the chinese use their own metro trains and trams. The metro trains that tehran metro uses are really good and they are chinese design. The Buenos Aires metro ordered these after they were shown the vehicles in use in Tehran. Chinese doesnt always mean cheap or substandard.

·
a tangy drink!
4,260 Posts
Mellat Park Station:

Whenever is this system going to start!? Maybe they are just waiting for the trains to be delivered etc. Buts its been ten years since construction started! How much longer can it be?
You would have thought that this was one of the projects AN would have expidited for the election propaganda rather than the nowhere near ready Shiraz railway.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Mashad trams from Germany?

On the Web I found some pictures from Pars Wagon Factory claming to be old German trams to be adapted for Mashad LRT

Here is the link:

http://www.phantasrail.com/pars_wagon_factory.htm

http://www.phantasrail.com/mashad.htm

Judging from the ads the trams are from Duesseldorf. These trams are in a very poor state. I supose there are better used trams around.

The pictures date back to 2006, so it seems that the project has been abandoned as 3 years are too long for re-painting a German tram :)

Does anybody have more details?

1 - 20 of 240 Posts