Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shaza Hotel Mashhad Project - OPENING 2011

Range Hospitality and Shaza are working on a hotel development in Iran, which is scheduled to open by the end of 2011.

"...Our second project, which is in Mashhad in Iran, will be delivered next year. That’s a hotel very close to the shrines, same again — a lot of pilgrims visit this destination every year, there are no branded hotels, very high volumes... and this one we should be opening in 2011." said Range Hospitality chief executive officer Munaf Al.

"We purchased a hotel which is about 70% complete, which works again because interiors are the only thing that really need to be worked on. The actual shell and core of the hotel is there so now it’s just a case of designing the interiors, the layout, and this is about 200 rooms," Al explained.

"That’s a very good example of our involvement in the technical and the design side," added Shaza Hotels president and CEO Simon Coombs. "Our team is very heavily involved in that now. By getting in at this stage now and reconfiguring the building and looking at the design, we again are very hopeful of being able to come up with a very unique and interesting hotel in another location."

Shaza is a joint venture between Guidance Hotel Investment Company based in Paris and Kempinski Hotels S.A. based in Geneva. Range Hospitality is a UAE-based hotel developer.

The Lobby (RENDER)

Restaurant (RENDER)

Hotel Room (RENDER)

This is great news as Iran desperately needs hotels with proper design and facilities. Perhaps the locals will learn something from this move.​

·
Registered
602 Posts
This is great news, it looks like we are finally getting a wave of new foreign owned and operated hotels in Iran. While I wouldn't want it to be overrun with foreign chains, they will for sure give local hotels a lesson in proper hotel management!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I am amazed that you have posted about Range Hospitality's new project in Mashad. I have bought with Range Hospitality in their flagship project in Karbala. Al Rawdatain Gardens is the first five star hotel managed by Shaza in Karbala. I heard about the Mashad project on BBC news but I doubt if it Munaf Ali (CEO Range Hospitality) has mentioned anything about handing over the Mashad project in 2011. However, their investment proposition is great.
In Karbala, one can buy a full week period for US Dollars 500 as the first installment which is yours for the next 50 years! The rate per night comes out to be just 15 US Dollars for a Studio Suite.
I highly recommend that one must invest in there. I think Range Hospitality is aggressively expanding and I will update you very soon about the Mashad project as I know the Head of Sales in Range Hospitality very well. However, as per my information, Range Hospitality is yet to finalize the hotel operator for Mashad but with Karbala project, everthing is sorted from construction to hotel management.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts