SkyscraperCity banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Voice of Reason (usually)
1,936 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news for those who want to see this move forword asap, but the start date for construction has been pushed back. It seems the developer, Ascension, just got full run of the building recently and there is also some construction complications encountered with the prospective tower. This is a mere technicality but will take a little more engineering. The long and short is the beginning of December will be the new slated start date of tower construction. On the bright side, I'm told that financing has been secured and so there is no worries about this not moving forward...only the delay.
They discovered all the secret rooms and catacombs where the secret rituals took place. Not only do they need to allow the FBI x-files team to go through the site but they also need to do some adjustments to the designed foundation of the tower since it overlapped some of the catacombs.

·
Registered
646 Posts
They discovered all the secret rooms and catacombs where the secret rituals took place. Not only do they need to allow the FBI x-files team to go through the site but they also need to do some adjustments to the designed foundation of the tower since it overlapped some of the catacombs.
I heard Nicolas Cage was seen wandering around down there

·
KBT Resident & MKE Native
503 Posts
I don't think people understand how amazing of a hotel this would truley be.

I was reading this article about the world's most unusual hotel's and the Masonic hotel would easily be not only on this list, but near the top of it. If done right, this would be somthing people from all over the country, if not the world would come to see.

EDIT: There's this Youtube channel I like to watch called The B1M. Once more images and information come out, I'll be sure to email them about it, as a project like this will be right down their alley. This may not be Milwaukee's most important project, but it sure is it's coolest.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was bored due to lack of development and was thinking about past projects and this one came to mind... where do people stand on this project? Do people consider it cancelled or is it on the backburner, or what do people think?

·
Registered
352 Posts
A delay was announced in December with construction expected to begin this June. Not saying it is going to happen but they are still on track with their expectations. If we can give Couture this long I think we can give these people a bit of time, especially since historic reuse is trickier than building something on an empty lot.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I’m still confident this will get done. It’s a tricky development so the delays are understandable. Even though this isn’t a terribly tall building, I think I’m most excited to see this one rise. BMO tower is pretty blah. Aside from the slight curve, it’s a glass rectangle with a very underwhelming parking base. Couture isn’t very striking either. It will surely be a nice addition, but it looks like something that could have easily been built in Miami in the 90s. This Masonic hotel tower is something different and unique that we haven’t really seen before. I hope if there’s any design changes that they get even more extreme with the geometric facets so it’s even more striking. I just think Milwaukee is due for some real, forward thinking, ultra modern 21st century architecture. Art museum fits the bill. The two NML towers too. I’d say the arena and plaza as well. But 833 east is pretty forgettable. I could name a few others. There’s just a lot of pretty bland newer developments. Places like Chicago, Toronto, Minneapolis, and even Cleveland have built/are building some pretty attractive new towers and mid rises. I just think there’s a real opportunity for Milwaukee to break away from the St. Louis, Indy, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit crowd that we’re always lumped in with and a lot of it has to do with architecture. But we have something they don’t have which is an unrivaled lakefront. I think a few more NML caliber buildings and we’d really start to squeeze into the Chicago, Toronto, Minneapolis realm in terms of overall perception.

·
Registered
415 Posts
121 - 128 of 128 Posts