SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1736 Posts

·
BAND AID
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as this thread got deleted as well I'll start a new one. I took some pics today from the area but it would make sense to post up some of my older construction pics so that they appear in order. Here's the rendering on the hoardings while I sort out some photo's :uh:

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
I like the shopmobility vehicle in the third pic on your second post. That upstages the rest of the pics! ;)

·
15,712 Posts
theoretically if you doub;e the height of wats built already than you get the size of the tower....this is the 1st and the shortest tower....shows how huge this will be!

·
Banned
2,337 Posts
woodhousen said:
theoretically if you doub;e the height of wats built already than you get the size of the tower....this is the 1st and the shortest tower....shows how huge this will be!
Yep, and the main Office tower is gonna be 4 times the size of this and so will the lower, larger office tower :runaway:

·
Yep
3,814 Posts
birminghamculture said:
Just imagine Martineau towers and City Park Gate built, this area would be dense ... :runaway:
Very exciting times ahead :yes:

And the upside of the sad demise of the Rogers library (I can't see Labour regaining power anytime this side of a Brown government, and by then it will be too late) means that that pocket on the far side of city park will be availible for another project. At least the western half of eatside will be very dense.

·
15,712 Posts
hmmm, im not sure. one of the the cons-lib problems with the library was that it took up too much of the park.....maybe the land will just b added to the parkk?

·
Yep
3,814 Posts
woodhousen said:
hmmm, im not sure. one of the the cons-lib problems with the library was that it took up too much of the park.....maybe the land will just b added to the parkk?
It was one of the con-libs talking about alternative uses for the site as far as I can remember. Oh well, we know how much talk is worth, but the site demands to be used - the park would be a little too big if the library space was included in it, and it would be bordered on one side by nothing more than a set of train tracks.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I wonder what Toys R Us will do. I used to love that store when i were a nipper!!

Although i went in resently and its a shit hole inside - i dont think its been refirbed since the mid 80's

(quality pic that smiles, love the empty view of the rotunda)

1 - 20 of 1736 Posts