Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
New Urbanist
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Huge news!! Thanks to khent69 at SkyscraperLife! thank you khent69!!!

hey fellas,

the design below has been presented at Stockland's investors meeting in april and is most likely to go for DA by mid-end '07. The second tower (stage 2) is dependant on market demand. if market demand isn't there, you could expect something similar to central park 2.

It would be unfeasible to go to the heights you all expect - one of the main reasons other big buildings have failed in brisvegas!

construction to start jan-09 (2nd half of financial yr)

·
Registered
77,319 Posts
wow, very nice. how tall 250m? the old market conditions speel.
hope you guys didnt expect 300m-400m towers. as kent69 has said, its unfeasible.
bloody cool dev though.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
The investor presentation is available on Stockland website and it says stage 1 is a 40,000 sqm office development with 250 apartments and 5,400 sqm or retail. Valued at approx $400 million.

Stage 2 is to have 30,000 sqm of office space, a 300 room hotel/serviced apartments, and approx 150-200 apartments. Stage 2 is subject to market conditions.

They are aiming for construction to start in the second half of 2009. The land 4,206 sqm freehold and 6,525 sqm leasehold (seabed lease). Anyone want to bet on the floorplate size and height?

The renders look awesome but I think they are still 'concept' designs so not sure what it will look like exactly. It appears though that a bulkier office component will be on the lower floors with a slimmer residential component on top, at least that's how one of the towers looks.

·
©
9,478 Posts
Wow, awesome!! Brissy is powering. I'm thinking around 250m judging by the height against Riparian's spire. Though it's hard to tell from the angle, it may be a bit misleading.

·
Mr Superstar
2,411 Posts
Wow. Fan friggen tastic!! Massive sexy time for Brissy.

But it would of been good if the image wasnt broken. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
9,602 Posts
What a week this has been,

197m - Riverside 2
243m - Meriton
and now 2 x 250m at Eagle Pier

And that is on top of everything else built recently, planned, aproved and UC.

All up, 8 or 9 200m plus (to the roof) buildings, and 2 more above 190m

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Wow, those look damn sexy. Not entirely sure about the green at the top but for some reason I reckon that if any Aus city can pull that off it's Brizzie.

It's quite a little cluster you guys are building along the River.

·
7,976 Posts
It's a bit of a dream world up here right now.

So much bloody stuff has been proposed, approved, started construction this year it's just mind blowing.

·
Oh ma Lordee, lookee here
1,734 Posts
It's a bit of a dream world up here right now.

So much bloody stuff has been proposed, approved, started construction this year it's just mind blowing.
You're right. I can't keep track of 'em. Amazing stuff, well done again. I for one find it very exciting that we may be abiout to see the emergence of a third true world ranking skyline city in Australia. A great metropolis: it will be good for the entire country.

·
Registered
77,319 Posts
my estimate height
looks like about a podium equal to 4 office floors, say 15m
i count 30 office floors= 120m
then about 35 resi floors= 105m
so far 240m. then the large fin section on top, which looks equal to about 30m.
so ive upped my estimate to approx 270m+.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
This isnt a news flash, this is normal for Brisbane! Love all these huge tower announcements. We are very jealous.
Hopefully they come to fruition as they look very nice indeed.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Great towers, and will make great additions to the Riverside Talls Club. This precient will be one of the best clusters of skyscrapers in Australia. :)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts