Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, this section is dead. Hoping to revive it with some new threads.

First off, this massive Pinui Binui project that was announced for Katamon. I have no idea what the iriyah is thinking, allowing for such tall buildings in this neighborhood. I'm sure many will disagree, considering where this is being posted. I don't know of a single urbanist who would think this is a good idea.

Article (Hebrew)

·
4,973 Posts
I think they just want to keep the seculars from leaving Jerusalem, and there is nowhere to build new neighborhoods (plans for Giv'at HaMatos and Atarot are being held up for political reasons). The only way left is to do E-B, and towers are necessary because Haredim don't want to live there. Not sure if this is the right location, but I have a feeling that we'll be seeing more E-B announcements in the secular parts of Jerusalem.

·
9,896 Posts
Towers are problematic in Jerusalem for several reasons.
First there are engineering problems to build in many places in Jerusalem which make construction more expensive.
Second, in many places there are height limits because of architectural considerations not dissimilar to ones we find in historical centers in Europe.
Third as you mentioned there is the political problem which puts any major construction project in Jerusalem (and it doesn't really matter which part) under a spotlight.

·
9,896 Posts
@newnof, what we need for this section is someone taking pics of ongoing construction projects (and there are many interesting ones such as National library for instance).
That would revive this section of the forum.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yeah, the towers are a bit out of place, but the project as a whole looks nice. I hope there will be more unified fronts for shops, etc.

And about taking pictures - I visit Jerusalem every once in a while but I can't necessarily take photos most of the time. I will try whenever I can.

·
9,896 Posts
That would be great, thanks.
As for myself, I don't have any business in Jerusalem (I used to many years ago).
Hopefully once the A1 opens, I will start making photo trips to Jerusalem as it will become to those among us who don't have cars (such as yours truly).
Right now getting to Jerusalem is simply too time consuming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.