1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
572 Posts
As far as the look, it definitely has a comprehensive master plan look to it. Huge , I guess business area in the middle. Multilevel stores on the arteries with housing right behind. I want to say something negative about it because, it just looks not quite dense enough at least with single family houses, and I'm not anti-yard, but maybe its just looking at all these large cities' urban planning projects that has the scale off for me. The renderings of the houses looks good, just wondering about the spacing. I don't know, but preserving land is important to urban planning so its a good look that they have a 500 acre park.

But I got to say its a hell of a lot better than many towns 10 times its size.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm not sure of the designs of the single family homes, especially the first one.
Looks great otherwise I hope it is successful. Doesn't it seem like the 'city center' rendering is nearly the same on all these type of developments? :lol:

·
The Creative 1
842 Posts
AWESOME!

I hope this plan is fully developed someday. It appears very impressive and comprehensive. More cities need to look at ideas such as this to direct growth in their suburbs instead of allowing anything and everything to go up anywhere.:)

·
8,235 Posts
I hope this plan is fully developed someday. It appears very impressive and comprehensive. More cities need to look at ideas such as this to direct growth in their suburbs instead of allowing anything and everything to go up anywhere. :)
Like how Greenville does? ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It's very "planned," which isn't a bad thing, but, thank God this type of development isn't any closer to San Antonio. These types of developments should be in the distance. They tend to become trashy within 20 or so years and need to be replaced as real urban development moves in....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts