Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I believe, this large and ambitious project already deserves a sepparate thread.

Source

The first visualisations of the concept created by a Scandinavian architect trio Erik Møller Arkitekter, Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter and Kanozi Arkitekterwere presented on 4th of June 2014:

(c) byggnyheter.se

(c) byggnyheter.se

(c) byggnyheter.se

(c) byggnyheter.se

(c) byggnyheter.se

(c) byggnyheter.se

More information: : http://www.byggnyheter.se/2014/06/skandinaviskt-arkitektteam-skapar-regioncity.

To be updated

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Here's some previous post on the development from the GÖTEBORG | Projects & Construction thread
Some suggestions for development around centralen. Read more: http://regioncity.se/

Here are the images from the site, will try to post the pdf-images tomorrow.

Jernhusens ide RegionCity.

Förtätning vid och omkring centralstationen ser låvande ut tycker jag.

This is how the project Region City can/could/may be developed :))):

Source: http://regioncity.se.
Just in time! A new video presenting the planed development in the area of the Central station 'RegionCity':

Here are more pictures of proposals of RegionCity:

http://regioncity.se/vote
The four proposals for development of RegionCity (area around the Central station):

by EMA (Denmark)

by Kanozi

by RRA (Norway)

by Liljewall

More information: http://sverigeprojekt.blogspot.se/2013/06/regioncity.html, Jernhusen, Liljewall, Kanozi, RRA, EMA.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Gothenburg will probably have the the most exciting development,in this country,in near future.All the plans make my wildest dreams come true.A city to be proud of.Anybody stopping this will be my lifetime enemy.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Gothenburg will probably have the the most exciting development,in this country,in near future.All the plans make my wildest dreams come true.A city to be proud of.Anybody stopping this will be my lifetime enemy.

Yeah there is lots of interesting projects and lots of underdeveloped land. It is needed because our city kind of looks like shit at times. :lol:

But then again some of my favorite parts of Gothenburg is some of the most run downed areas.

I like the old brickstone buildings though, the klippan area is great for example, imagine of we would have had more brickstone quarters like that, lovely, the old suger factory is a great place to throw parties at to! Another example I love is the english looking brickstone houses on Carl Grimbergsgatan. Too much old architecture has been demolished over the decades and replaced with concret bunkers. :bash:

·
Registered
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, Carl Grimbergsgatan! I used to live in that street when studying in Göteborg. Loved the place.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Oh, Carl Grimbergsgatan! I used to live in that street when studying in Göteborg. Loved the place.
hehe yeah it's nice!

Was reading a bit about this. There are some good pdfs on the site.
Btw the City architect Björn Siesjö, he was apparently at Kanozi Arkitekter prior to getting the job as the city architect,
one could hope his vision for this is similiar to his old mates at Kanozi so that he could really push for this to happen!

Happold Consulting from the UK was contracted to make an assesment of the area. Interesting read. 40 pages.

link here
http://regioncity.se/templates/resources/Happold_Presentation_140228_140307.pdf

Took a few screen shots for those of you too lazy to read it :baeh3:

·
Banned
62 Posts
I believe, this large and ambitious project already deserves a sepparate thread.

The first visualisations of the concept created by a Scandinavian architect trio Erik Møller Arkitekter, Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter and Kanozi Arkitekterwere presented on 4th of June 2014:

(c) byggnyheter.se
This is an amazing picture! If only Stockholm:eek:hno::bash:

·
Banned
62 Posts
But where in Stockholm? I wouldn't want that in lower Norrmalm for instance. Hagastaden? I actually think Hagastaden will turn out quite nicely as is. Värtahamnen maybe?
Yes Värtahamnen looks like a good building area, I've always wanted Solna to become the 'CBD' but there are already projects going on there that consume a lot of land...
I actually do not know Stockholm extremely well as I grew up in Örebro and only occasionally visit (but now I am in London).

What about Upper Norrmalm? Excluding that I think Värtahamnen looks like a good area for a project like 'RegionCity'

·
Registered
726 Posts
Upper Norrmalm is almost exclusively residential, mostly late 19th century-early 20th century apartment buildings. Classic "stenstad" of the Swedish kind. Vasastan and Birkastan is technically part of Upper Norrmalm.

Hagastaden is a planned continuation of Upper Norrmalm (Vasastan), connecting Stockholm and Solna by decking over E4:an and building a dense new neighborhood on top. It's gonna have a mixture of apartments and offices, and the scale is going to be a bit higher than the old stenstad, 7-10 floors or so on average, but it's not going to look like RegionCity in Gothenburg. There will be two high rises though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
On the RegionCity website you can find the following:

Göteborg 2021

”Centralstationen är en regional knutpunkt och Jubileumstornet, som invigs 2021, är ett landmärke vid det grönskande Drottningtorget.”

Göteborg & Co - förslag till arbetsplan

I been looking high and low without finding any information about this "Jubileumstornet". Is it a skyscraper they are refering to or is it some other sort of tower? Anyone got any info?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
On the RegionCity website you can find the following:

Göteborg 2021

”Centralstationen är en regional knutpunkt och Jubileumstornet, som invigs 2021, är ett landmärke vid det grönskande Drottningtorget.”

Göteborg & Co - förslag till arbetsplan

I been looking high and low without finding any information about this "Jubileumstornet". Is it a skyscraper they are refering to or is it some other sort of tower? Anyone got any info?
From what I gathered it was a higher building at the central station, but I'm not sure if thats on the radar still. It was an old proposal. The plans have since been expanded so to speak, further developed(which was presented 4th of June this year). Jernhusen owns the land around the station but not all of it, it will take some cooperation between the city and Jernhusen.

This is a good pdf, feedback from citizens and commuters.

http://regioncity.se/templates/resources/Resenarer_bosokare_RegionCity_131211.pdf

Deltagarna ville även ha variation i arkitekturen och bebyggelsestrukturen. Man ansåg att bostäderna i RegionCity bör ha olika storlekar och upplåtelseformer för att inbjuda till en mångfald av boende i området. Det var viktigt att området byggs högt, men även lågt och att det satsades på intressant arkitektur som kunde uppmärksammas för sin unikhet och kvalitet.
This is some kind of summery of the dialog process. ;P

·
Registered
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very good news!

Nu börjar uthyrningsarbetet av de planerade kontoren i Region City i centrala Göteborg. I direkt anslutning till Göteborgs Centralstation och blivande Västlänken ska under de kommande åren en helt ny stadsdel växa fram.
Göteborgsregionen växer vilket har lett till en brist på både kontor och bostäder. Ett initiativ för att komma till rätta med det är Region City där det ska skapas arbets- och mötesplatser i direkt anslutning till kollektivtrafiken. Den första etappen om nästan 20 000 kvadratmeter ska påbörjas inom kort. (...)
De första spadtagen på den nya stadsdelen kommer att äga rum under 2016. Enligt planen kommer de första hyresgästerna att kunna flytta in under senare delen av 2018. Det kommer att bli högmoderna, miljöklassade och effektiva kontorsytor mitt i centrala Göteborg. (...)
Source: Uthyrningen av Region City startar

·
Registered
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is the picture of the RegionCity model that was presented during MIPIM festival in Cannes:

Source

Source

Due to a number of ambitious projects, the presentation desk of Gothenburg city was one of the most popular city presentations during the recent festival in Cannes.

More information: Göteborg visar rekordstora byggplaner.

·
Registered
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some schemes depicting the position of the future railway station, Nils Ericson Terminalen and Västlänken railway tunnel in the context of RegionCity:

According to the plan of the project, there will be 11 highrises built in a relatively small area (225 meters x 125 meters). The proposed height of the towers:

31 floors: 1
26 floors: 1
23 floors: 4
16 floors: 5.

(Thank you to EaglesnButterflies!)

More plans and visualisations to be found here: http://www.regioncity.se/pdfer/pdfer_2014/RegionCity_koncept_140604.pdf.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts