SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post pictures of McDonalds stores across Australia & NZ. Lets see the different styles that they have used over the years, and also some of the existing buildings in which they have decided to set up shop.

Here are some to start off with that I took off the web

Blacktown, NSW

Surfers Paradise

Also can anyone posts shots of stores that were built in the traditional form (with the steep brown roofs), which many of the older stores were built to.

·
PTnut
588 Posts
Lidcombe, NSW

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Little known fact: The McDonalds Surfers Paradise is the most expensive piece of retail space in Australia.

It has 10 registers, plus a McCafe(2 registers).

Without a doubt in my mind, the best McDonalds is the Wynard one(I think) It's in the old building and it was in some of the maccas ads not too long ago.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
The best McDonalds restaurant i was ever in was the one that went Underground from Queen St (Mall) to Elizabeth st.

Damn them to hell for removing that one.

·
Banned
306 Posts
best one in perth use to be leach hwy it was 24 hours and when my sis was friends with all the car peoples they use to meet up there and have drags on leach hwy, they changed it now so theres one entry and exit so the cops could block easier, and added a Mcaffe and its all cramped now and yer but still 24 hour :)

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Perth4life14 said:
best one in perth use to be leach hwy it was 24 hours and when my sis was friends with all the car peoples they use to meet up there and have drags on leach hwy, they changed it now so theres one entry and exit so the cops could block easier, and added a Mcaffe and its all cramped now and yer but still 24 hour :)
The one is Aspley (Brisbane is like that aswell) it's 2 story and has a ramp for the drive thru to get up to the second story. It's 24 hours and is where all the car nuts hang out. It's also where ADD (Aspley Drift and Drag) hold drags on Gympie. Rd

·
Registered
820 Posts
Toadman said:
Without a doubt in my mind, the best McDonalds is the Wynard one(I think) It's in the old building and it was in some of the maccas ads not too long ago.
You must be talking about The Strand rather than Wynyard Ramp. It's on George Street halfway between Wynyard and Town Hall stations.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
FORMER UNITED KINGDOM HOTEL

199 QUEENS PARADE CLIFTON HILL

Statement of Significance

What is significant?
The Former United Kingdom Hotel was built in 1937-38, replacing a hotel of the same name that occupied the site. This remarkable two storey brick building has cantilevered concrete balconies with slim metal railings and light cantilevered canopies which accentuate the rounded horizontal mass of the ground and first floors. Manganese, tapestry and cream bricks provide polychrome and textural contrast, and the massive vertical fins rising through the centre of the western facade are striking features.

How is it significant?
The Former United Kingdom Hotel is of architectural and historical significance to the State of Victoria.

Why is it significant?
The Former United Kingdom Hotel is of architectural significance as possibly Victoria's most exquisite and intact example of the Jazz Moderne style of architecture designed by one of the most notable proponents of the style, J. H. Wardrop. The building is greatly enhanced by its near-island siting and is externally and internally almost original, with the exception of post-war rear additions. It provides an interesting three-dimensional comparison with Wardrop’s slightly earlier Alkira House in Queen Street, Melbourne.The Former United Kingdom Hotel is of historical significance as an exemplar of the material culture of the late 1930s and of prevailing social customs. The survival of much of the hotel’s interior provides important evidence of hotel design and usage in the pre-WW2 period.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
You love McDonalds Architecture Fabian, you've started at least a couple of other threads on the same topic.

I gots no images, but the McDonalds that I recall as being really different to most others are follows:
Wynyard Station, Sydney - Odd how the opposite sides of the counter are different levels, there are two entrances as well
Pitt and Park Streets, Sydney - The outdoor counter and the building
Rundle Mall, Adelaide - It closed a few years back, but I think it was just about the only three level Maccas in Australia

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AG said:
You love McDonalds Architecture Fabian, you've started at least a couple of other threads on the same topic.

I gots no images, but the McDonalds that I recall as being really different to most others are follows:
Wynyard Station, Sydney - Odd how the opposite sides of the counter are different levels, there are two entrances as well
Pitt and Park Streets, Sydney - The outdoor counter and the building
Rundle Mall, Adelaide - It closed a few years back, but I think it was just about the only three level Maccas in Australia
I think the North Sydney Store (Now closed :( ) was also three levels. It was also in historically significant building. It used tobe a branch of the Bank of NSW if I'm correct.

As for the outdoor counter at the Pitt St Mall. I haven't seen it open lately during the day. I went in there a few weeks ago and the counter was closed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
"geraldton is like the aboriginal capital of the world"

Sorry, but in case I haven't mentioned this before, you are a fucking retard. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts