SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

LIBERTINED
Great :) I'm in awe with the Harz region. It's nothing less than a timbered paradise!
Nearly any town is an architectural gem between those mountains.

Looking forward to see the rest of your tour. Have you been to the town of Stolberg as well?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great :) I'm in awe with the Harz region. It's nothing less than a timbered paradise!
Nearly any town is an architectural gem between those mountains.

Looking forward to see the rest of your tour. Have you been to the town of Stolberg as well?
Yes of course...Stolberg will come soon. First I will upload a couple of photos from Burg Falkenstein and the Bode Valley

Registered
I have a question: all those houses weren't destroyed during the last world war and they are not original? Are all they rebuilt isn't? the buildings are very beautiful anyway.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a question: all those houses weren't destroyed during the last world war and they are not original? Are all they rebuilt isn't? the buildings are very beautiful anyway.
If you read the link to wikipedia you could se that all the buildings are orginal. Just to correct some misunderstandings: not all towns in Germany were bombed in the second world war. The main target of the bombings were the larger cities. Even today Germany have many, old towns that was never bombed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@Bristol Mike

That is one of the palaces of the old emperor Heinrich the second 11th century. It is one of the best preserved palaces from this time in Germany.

There are around 1500 crosstimbered houses in the old town. Which makes it one of the best preserved crosstimbered towns in Germany

Source: wikipedia

LIBERTINED
It's the Kaiserpfalz which belongs to UNESCO world heritage.
Europe's early history was partly made here! I just say Investiture Conflict...

Registered
yeah, well, it just looks awesome, happy to have seen it! now i have one more reason to keep living, besides boobs, thongues and beer! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you very much for all your compliments!
Next is the interresting Castle of Wernigerode. The duke of this castle was despite its very feodal look the father of the german welfare system.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts