SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mega Mall to Debut in Ukraine

Swedish furniture giant IKEA announced Thursday that it would invest more than $300 million into construction of its first project in Ukraine.

The 170,000-square-meter Mega Mall will be located on 49 hectares on Boryspil Road in Kiev and will feature an IKEA store, a Ramstore supermarket and an OBI do-it-yourself store. It will be five times the size of Ukraine's largest existing shopping center.

The Moscow office of Colliers International is serving as project's exclusive consultant.

IKEA has 211 stores in 32 countries, including four in Russia -- two in Moscow, one in St. Petersburg and one in Kazan. The Mega Mall concept, which includes numerous tenants in addition to an IKEA store, was first tested in Moscow with the opening of the 150,000-square-meter Mega Tyoply Stan in December 2002.

The 230,000-square-meter Mega Khimki, Russia's largest shopping mall, was opened in December 2004.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2005/04/19/048.html

·
Registered
710 Posts
The odds for it looking good are small Mila;)

Ikea malls usually look like big boxes;)

The one here in Bergen is red,looks like a box and HUGE.

·
Registered
858 Posts
yes, all Ikeas are great

We have Ikea Stores in Poland in Warsaw (two), Krakow, Gdansk, Wroclaw, Katowice, Poznan and in project phase Gliwice, Łódź, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz and Lublin :)

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Oh shit, finally! The closest one they have currently is in Russia :(

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
I read that yesterday on the net but i was too lazy to post it :tongue2:... good for ukraine though :) hope it doesnt look too too shitty :S

·
Registered
38 Posts
haha we had an ikea for some time in Belgrade, im pretty sure they shut it down, it was a small boutique, completely the opposite of what Ikea's are supposed to look like, the one in New Jersey, just outside of NYC is HUGE, its a big box, just how they like them :)

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
maciekwr said:
yes, all Ikeas are great

We have Ikea Stores in Poland in Warsaw (two), Krakow, Gdansk, Wroclaw, Katowice, and in project phase Gliwice, Łódź, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz and Lublin :)
you forgot Poznan there is also Ikea over there www.ikea.pl

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,358 Posts
Yeah lol Belgrade's one was something extremely small. Now there is no official IKEA store in Belgrade only some reseller shops. Anyway IKEA is planing to construct a mall in 2-3 years.

·
:::::україн&#1
524 Posts
wooo, my fave store.. opening in ukraine haha. cool. :tongue3:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I find that going to IKEA is boring for me, the only reason I go is because they have that little restaurant and they have those little dinosaurs with dipping sauce :D

·
:::::україн&#1
524 Posts
ahsm57 said:
I find that going to IKEA is boring for me, the only reason I go is because they have that little restaurant and they have those little dinosaurs with dipping sauce :D
haha, not me. i go there to amuse myself. :tongue3: but i also go there for the food. ;)

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
29,114 Posts
What is Ikea?

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
29,114 Posts
"a Ramstore supermarket and an OBI do-it-yourself store." doesn't tell me much.

·
Son of Lee Marvin
271 Posts
ahsm57 said:
:lol:

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts