SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a complete new glass and steel business district called "Dakar Future"

only picture I could find. It ought to be built by a Saudi, French and Senegalase consortium :cheers:

·
37,796 Posts
Wow! This reminds me of the development of Canary Wharf here in London.

I think I'm seeing a shift of economic power to the west. Is this all being built speculatively, or do they have tenants lined up?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well I struggle through the source code of his post and the url for the pic was:
http://xalima.com/photos/albums/userpics/maquetteciteassanediouf.jpg

but that's not working no more as we know. but from that we get maquetteciteassanediouf (=maquette cite assane diouf).

Anyhow if some one is better at french than I am maybe u can check the senegalese www.xalima.com website.
The project will be called Cité Assane Diouf

Good luck and thanx

·
I love my Country
241 Posts
I think it is the same project of “COMPLEX KAWSARA

A park of seven towers, including four twin towers, will leave ground in four years, on the current site of the Assane Diouf stadium. The top of their 21 levels, on the Cornice, will be reflected by a unit of glass, concrete blocks and of cement in water of the Atlantic Ocean. At the beginning of this project, there is a futuristic vision by the Head of the State, President Abdoulaye Wade, to make of Dakar, one of the largest metropolises of Africa.

Matthias was it the same pictures?

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
I think it is the same project of “COMPLEX KAWSARA

A park of seven towers, including four twin towers, will leave ground in four years, on the current site of the Assane Diouf stadium. The top of their 21 levels, on the Cornice, will be reflected by a unit of glass, concrete blocks and of cement in water of the Atlantic Ocean. At the beginning of this project, there is a futuristic vision by the Head of the State, President Abdoulaye Wade, to make of Dakar, one of the largest metropolises of Africa.
Mouha, this project is Amazing!!!

I have a question who is financing this project. Is it money of Senegal or foreigners???

·
I'm The King
6,715 Posts

·
I love my Country
241 Posts
Mouha, this project is Amazing!!!

I have a question who is financing this project. Is it money of Senegal or foreigners???
The project is going to be financed by Sheik nazir ahmed.
This text tell more about, it i translate it by using Google.

This ambition found an echo favorable near a Saoudi Pakistani investor, Sheik Nazir Ahmed, which joined compatriots to carry the project of construction of the “City of the Kawsara businesses”, which is in fact a real complex of international standing and which will cost the trifle of 176 billion frank CFA. This financing is already buckled, according to sources close to the file. This new city will be built on the site of the stage Assane Diouf, which and currently a den of gangsters.
“The City of the Kawsara businesses” will shelter an underground car park of 1.500 places, which will make it possible to regulate partially, at the very least, the question of urban mobility in the town of Dakar. It will also include/understand two commercial plates, with international signs of the great distribution, four twin towers R+21 stages with use of offices and apartments, just as a Palate of multifunctional Congress of 6.000 places. The implementation of the project, which will have to start before December 31 (starting of the earthworks and work of ground) will have to generate 15.000 employment during four years, for a total wage bill estimated at about fifty billion CFA. It will allow also the creation of 10.000 new established posts, which will go in priority to the young people of Rebeuss. S.F. LO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts