SkyscraperCity Forum banner
2681 - 2700 of 6689 Posts

·
indiadreams
7,910 Posts
I think we all would agree on the fact that Mumbai is way over it's capcity and doesn't have the capability of upgrading it's infrastructure to modern standards anytime soon (next 5-10 years), buying old areas, selling them to builders, notifications to residents and we all know how long the drama would go on for. No doubt Mumbai would remain a financial hub and a lot more relevant than GIFT. But GIFT can be built with modern infrastructure, a well connected city that can monitor and respond to emergencies and health of it's citizens and so on. Things that Mumbai or any other major city can't even dream of. Let's be realistic here, old cities like Mumbai simply don't have the capacity to renovate themselves, not atleast without a committed local govt. or a communist bulldozer party than can flatten everything that comes in it's path and build a brand new infra in it's place. GIFT provides an opportunity for investors to invest their money in, something that is required, we need investment to grow and prosper and to build low developed cities. So, talking down on GIFT is stupid because it may not be able to rival bigger cities, it sure is comparable to our rivals (China,US) infrastructure. It is a good model for our politicians and planners to follow. It is a next step for our cities.
Not really. That is the way of development of any established city in the world, barring few cities of China. And for Services industry, social infrastructure is 100 times more important than physical infra. If not, NYC would have lost the tag to another US city long back. Roads in NYC is no match to those in other cities. And a Bangalore still cannot be IT capital of India.

And to be frank, SSC has an an obsession for roads and nothing else. Mumbai still has one of the best infrastructure in India with ample water, power, reasonable public transporation, completely underground utilities. There are 2 aspects, it has to correct - housing for low income group and modern public transportation. In both counts, there is a gradual improvement. We wish it is faster , but that is how things move in most of India. The ultimate asset of Mumbai is its corporate friendly culture (specifically service industries).

ps: I am not comparing Mumbai with GIFT. But there is no need to downgrade Mumbai to praise GIFT either. And there is only one financial hub/capital per country in any country in the world. And that is how finance industry works.

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
Not really. That is the way of development of any established city in the world, barring few cities of China. And for Services industry, social infrastructure is 100 times more important than physical infra. If not, NYC would have lost the tag to another US city long back. Roads in NYC is no match to those in other cities. And a Bangalore still cannot be IT capital of India.

And to be frank, SSC has an an obsession for roads and nothing else. Mumbai still has one of the best infrastructure in India with ample water, power, reasonable public transporation, completely underground utilities. There are 2 aspects, it has to correct - housing for low income group and modern public transportation. In both counts, there is a gradual improvement. We wish it is faster , but that is how things move in most of India. The ultimate asset of Mumbai is its corporate friendly culture (specifically service industries).

ps: I am not comparing Mumbai with GIFT. But there is no need to downgrade Mumbai to praise GIFT either. And there is only one financial hub/capital per country in any country in the world. And that is how finance industry works.
If I am not wrong, the first time this comparison was done by the media with articles like "A GIFT-wrapped missile at Mumbai" and "Kicking Mumbai in the balls" etc which really sparked the comparisons. And of course, inter state comparison is quite frequent in India, and much more so in SSC-I.

All I can say is that Mumbai's financial story is around 200-300 years old while the GIFT story is just 5 years old, if not less. So there can be no logical comparison between the two.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If I am not wrong, the first time this comparison was done by the media with articles like "A GIFT-wrapped missile at Mumbai" and "Kicking Mumbai in the balls" etc which really sparked the comparisons. And of course, inter state comparison is quite frequent in India, and much more so in SSC-I.

All I can say is that Mumbai's financial story is around 200-300 years old while the GIFT story is just 5 years old, if not less. So there can be no logical comparison between the two.
Absolutely right, but who knows? in 50 years time, A'bad/Surat might just emerge as some of the richest in South Asia owing to their fantastic growth rates. I would in fact encourage other nearby towns to grow at a much faster rate because Mumbai needs to be de-populated fast and besides, it is not good to put all your eggs in one basket.

A'bad is much smaller and it has a lot of catching up to do but it ain't no pushover either.

Modi kaka upar vishwaas che, e party kaik ne kaik to kari bataav se :D. Next time I land in A'bad in a couple of years, who knows? I might just sprain my neck looking up the diamond tower :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't go by what that FEKU modi says. there is a parking lot being constructed between the two GIFT buildings. Gujarat debt has reached astronomical proportions 1.5 lac crores. modi has invited capital intensive industries which generates less employment. He is a zero on knowledge based companies setting up base in gujarat. In the next one year congress the biggest thieves are going to expose Narendra modi the biggest FEKU

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
Of course, not paying any attention to your pathetic trolling, I am however intrigued by that bit about the parking lot. If you were actually trying to give us an update then thanks.

Otherwise, nice trolling :applause:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Don't go by what that FEKU modi says. there is a parking lot being constructed between the two GIFT buildings. Gujarat debt has reached astronomical proportions 1.5 lac crores. modi has invited capital intensive industries which generates less employment. He is a zero on knowledge based companies setting up base in gujarat. In the next one year congress the biggest thieves are going to expose Narendra modi the biggest FEKU
I believe the correct way to write proper nouns is to capitalize the first letter. I think it should be "Modi" and not modi don't you agree? :lol: Ohh boy.. kids will be kids.

Now, since this unpleasant business has been taken care of,

@gandhi.rushabh, do you know the next phase of construction and when that is scheduled to begin? Sorry have not been in the loop with regards to developments in my own state for the past two years :(. I heard there is some kind of cement crisis going on in India and therefore many projects are on hold. Hopefully this one will not fall prey to this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
please tell rushabh ji

do you know the next phase of construction and when that is scheduled to begin
what will be next thanks

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm sorry what is 'feku' ( I can guess, but is this supposed to be pheku?)
When Modi gave a speech a few weeks ago, there was a twitter hashtag of "Feku" created to troll with the kind of anti-Modi, anti-Gujarat stupidity that is normally restricted to election times. Ie bombarding cyberspace with stories of how total debt has increased, whilst ignoring that debt to gdp ratio (which is far more important) has come down significantly.

Its all part of Congress concerted efforts to win over cyberspace which they feel is full of Modi supporters. Manish Tiwari the "brains" behind the idea has also made reference to Modi as "Feku" in his speeches, others like Digvijay Singh and Gujarat Congress leaders have followed suit. They went for Feku rather than Pheku because it looks more like "F*ck you" and "fake".

Worlds biggest democracy eh? :|

·
Registered
516 Posts
When Modi gave a speech a few weeks ago, there was a twitter hashtag of "Feku" created to troll with the kind of anti-Modi, anti-Gujarat stupidity that is normally restricted to election times. Ie bombarding cyberspace with stories of how total debt has increased, whilst ignoring that debt to gdp ratio (which is far more important) has come down significantly.

Its all part of Congress concerted efforts to win over cyberspace which they feel is full of Modi supporters. Manish Tiwari the "brains" behind the idea has also made reference to Modi as "Feku" in his speeches, others like Digvijay Singh and Gujarat Congress leaders have followed suit. They went for Feku rather than Pheku because it looks more like "F*ck you" and "fake".

And when I say we don't need democracy, they say I got things wrong :(

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Since a few questions get asked a lot, thought its worth compiling an overview covering all the main points of GIFT phase 1 and putting a link in my Sig so that ppl shouldn't have to look too hard to find it

What else will be built in Phase 1?

Specific Buildings/Blocks/Infra we know of:

• Commercial building 13-A (120m) link
  • Commercial building 13-B (15-20fl) link
  • Commercial building 13-C (15-20fl) link
  • Commercial building 53-D (120m) link
  • Commercial building 53-E (15-20flr) link
  • Commercial building 53-F (15-20flr)
  • Residential building 46-G (20flr) link
  • 33 Storey Residential Tower (Q3?) linklink
  • 29 + 21 Storey WTC Tower link render
  • 29 + 23 Storey Residential Towers ("IPL High Life" by Sangath Group) link
  • 1.8 lakh sq ft Residential (initially 350 apartments) - BU Bhandari Landmarks link
  • 3.0 lakh sq ft Commercial - Hiranandani Developers link
  • 10.8 lakh Commercial + 2.0 lakh Residential - Brigade Group link
  • IITME Convention Centre - link
  • 5* Hotel - 25+ storeys link
  • Narsee Monjee International School link
  • Financial Technology Knowledge Management Company (FTKMC) Training Centre link
  • Multi Level Parking 2blocks of 12 storeys link
  • Barrages for Waterfront link
  • Hospital (tender on Gift website)
  • Samruddhi Sarovar (1.2km long Artificial Water Body) link
  • Raw Water Pumping Station link

**Some of the listings may be duplicates of later listings with more info/company names detailed.

When will construction start on new buildings?

• Narsee Monjee International School - Foundation stone Aug 15 2013 link
  • ITME Exhibition Centre - Construction to start in Sept 2013 link
  • West India Hospitality Business Club - Construction to start in November 2013 link
  • WTC - Construction to Start October 2014 link

GIFT phase 1 overview 2012~2017

General GIFT FAQ

• Q. Whats the deal with the height restriction?
    A. Initial clearance from AAI has given 122m clearance. AAI for the last few years is sitting on approval process for new Airport at Dholera which would allow demolition of Ahmedabad Airport ie no height restrictions for GIFT. Even with Ahmedabad Airport in place, using AAI practices from Bombay, only Diamond Tower may need to drop a few metres from 405m to 399m to comply with the rules. link1, link2
  • Q. How will they create a waterfront ?
    A. Water from Narmada Canal, stored using 3 barrages and a pumping station Link

Q. Is alcohol allowed in GIFT? (stupid question, but often asked)

A. Yes, Alcohol is allowed in GIFT SEZ and anywhere else in Gujarat with a permit.

Things we do NOT know

• When construction will start on every single building/block, info comes out in bursts
  • How many buildings will be constructed at the same time
  • If the original or new designs for the block packages will be used (apart from MLP which has official designs out)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Fantastic GJ10! Well I think they should be sticking to the original packages/designs since they have not released anything new as of yet. When the construction will start? Depends on the reception the first two tower have got. No idea about that, heard there are many PSU banks lined up for office space as of now, but nothing major.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tallest hotel in Gujarat to come up at Gift City :banana:

In a move likely to boost the Gujarat government's efforts to attract business, the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (Gift City) is all set to get its first five-star hotel in its 886-acre under-construction city.

Gift City recently allotted four-lakh sq ft development rights for Rs 35 crore at about Rs 1,000 a sq ft to West India Hospitality to construct the 25-storey-plus five-star hotel, which incidentally will be Gujarat's tallest hospitality project till date.

West India is learnt to have almost finalized the management contract with an international brand to run the planned 300-room hotel including a business club, which will be spread over 60,000 square foot. Starwood's Sheraton Hotel is said to be a front runner among two other international brands for the contract.

In the first phase, around 100 rooms are planned which will then be scaled up by additional 200 rooms.

The hospitality company is expected to complete construction in the next three years. Gift City will eventually have 5,000 hotels rooms in the proposed city across a total of five hotels when fully developed.

"Development of this 5-star hotel will create supportive business environment and give impetus to the overall development of Gift City," said R K Jha, Gift City's managing director.

Gift City has been permitted a global floor space index of 3.5 and has airport authority of India's clearance to construct buildings up to a height of 122 metres.

The hotel project is estimated to cost Rs 400 crore. A letter of allotment was sent to the company by Gift some 10 days ago.
Share your views

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/Tallest-hotel-in-Gujarat-to-come-up-at-Gift-City/articleshow/19980653.cms

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
^^
:rofl: @ the Kathiawadi in the video...

How do you manage to dig these out, DS? You should be named 'dig'shith...;)

·
Banned
31 Posts

world's biggest democracy with the most anti-national, bigoted and back-stabbing party khangress as it's head. It's time to disband that pus-filled tumor on scarring the face of this country. They have played with this country enough, what a stupid bullshit society has been created by these jokers in the last 75 years. Where following culture is illegal, where speaking up for the nation is being radical and hate mongering, where media deliberately ignores the congi theives. I mean seriously, when is the media going to cry over the Kashmiri Pandits who were kicked out of their own homes in 1980s? When are the crocodile tears of modern, angrezi media is going to be shed for the common man?

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
delete

·
Banned
31 Posts
ofcourse India has progressed so much under the great leadership of khangress where the police still has 1950s equipment to protect citizens, where cbi and all other govt agencies are completely controlled by political goons, where land is given away free to pakistan and china and where the ballless congress which is basically a loud mouthed bigoted party that has no balls to compete with other parties or even other countries. Also, not to forget how the 9% GDP growth has been reduced to 4.5% under the great congi leadership. Never knew the paid trolls were assigned by the khangress in SSCI :lol:

2681 - 2700 of 6689 Posts