Add a new megatall section

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
For that purpose, making a subforum for every 100 metres would also make sense.
600+ (Megatalls)
500-599 (Supertalls 3)
400-499 (Supertalls 2)
300-399 (Supertalls 1)
200-299 (Skyscrapers)
100-199 (High-rises)
I'm pleased with this creation too:)
<100 up to <600 all should have the sub-sections: Proposed/Visions and Archive.
And don't forget this:cheers:

·
Ex user
1,598 Posts
Your concept is true democratic, but could produce weird results.:hm:
What if the vote is for example 7% for 500m and 93% for 600m?
Should we define megatalls in this way, 593m+? Or counting only in 10% steps?
Yea sure that's gonna be fun if e.g. 62,43% of the members vote for 600m+. Then you classify a 562m tall tower a supertall, but a 563m tall tower a Megatall. That's gonna be way too confusing.
I don't like the idea of creating a new minimum height of 500m+, but this...
Let's say: if vote is 7% for 500m and 93% for 600m than megatall = 593m+ and if vote is 62,43% for 600m than megatall = 562,43m+. Yes I know it's totally weird. World is full of weird decisions. Everybody drive on right side of the road, only British drive on the left. Why shouldn't we declare megatall as 563,43m+? :dunno:

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,043 Posts
Let's say: if vote is 7% for 500m and 93% for 600m than megatall = 593m+ and if vote is 62,43% for 600m than megatall = 562,43m+. Yes I know it's totally weird. World is full of weird decisions. Everybody drive on right side of the road, only British drive on the left. Why shouldn't we declare megatall as 563,43m+? :dunno:
Sorry that's just bullshit. Also were're are not here to define the height of a megatall. It's 600m and that's a fact.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
...Everybody drive on right side of the road, only British drive on the left. :dunno:
I know of topic but the list with countries required driving on the left side is long:
- Thailand, Australia, New Sealand, India, Malaysia,...and so on...
To the right topic: let's do it like Victhor said:eek:kay: I think this solution is the best way to get rid of to many threads in one section. So every forum becomes overseeable without changing accepted definitions.

·
super&megatalls fan
2,645 Posts
600+ (Megatalls)
500-599 (Supertalls 3)
400-499 (Supertalls 2)
300-399 (Supertalls 1)
200-299 (Skyscrapers)
100-199 (High-rises)
I think it's bad idea to make undercategories 1,2,3 :eek:hno:

We are not research institute of skyscrapers, just public forum and the categories should be more clear, so I propose correct supertalls to 500 m and add megatalls over 500 m, and in the far future add hipertalls over 750 m (when the number of over 750 m towers will be much bigger) :)

Just one more reason, because of 500 m limit is very important is that, while 600 m couldn't include such a significant megatalls, like 2 Chinese towers, 597 m and 599 m, almost completed :)

·
scaredy-cat?
185 Posts
600+ (Megatalls)
500-599 (Supertalls 3)
400-499 (Supertalls 2)
300-399 (Supertalls 1)
200-299 (Skyscrapers)
100-199 (High-rises)
please dont, too many subforums, 500/600+ is acceptable but that would be too many to dig thorugh and go back and forth..

·
New York City Lover
87 Posts
Just my two cents since I'm new but I've been reading a lot in the past years and this is something I care about.

I found a little bit hard or frustrating to move between topics about a 302m building and a 650m building in the same section.

I perfectly know that the Megatall is by definition 600+ but I think we are also just a forum, not a public institution and I think we should make a point about why we would like to split things.

If the aim is to simplify things and give people a way to find better what they are looking for then I am 100% into the 500+ section.
There is no need to call it Megatall and it can be a "U/C section" itself since the Megatalls are still rising in the world. (what I mean is that is not forbidden by the doctor to change the section some years from now)

To summarize:
- Yes to new section
- We should separate 300+ from 500+
- There's no need to call it Megatalls

·
Live from the sky!
3,108 Posts
please dont, too many subforums, 500/600+ is acceptable but that would be too many to dig thorugh and go back and forth..
I remember the skyscraper section was much more busy back in the days when it was combined with highrises (or was it supertalls?). To many subforums and some of them will die slowly after a while. I feel like almost nobody visits the highrise section anymore even if there are some great projects there.

I really like that the megatall section has proposed/UC/completed all together, because it makes it feel alive.

·
16,150 Posts
I remember the skyscraper section was much more busy back in the days when it was combined with highrises (or was it supertalls?). To many subforums and some of them will die slowly after a while. I feel like almost nobody visits the highrise section anymore even if there are some great projects there.

I really like that the megatall section has proposed/UC/completed all together, because it makes it feel alive.
The Skyscraper section is as busy as its ever been , the fact that there is 3 to 4 pages of content created a week speaks to how busy it is.. Overall the site seems to be growing again in the last year or so... I think this section will be slow to start but within a year it will be very busy..

141 - 160 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.