SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Madrileñian member
13,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Justo Gallego Cathedral[/ B] began to be built in the 60's years, 40 years ago. Justo Gallego builds it, now he's 83 years old, with the help of his nephews and sometimes some volunteers.
The cathedral is dedicated to the Virgen del Pilar.
The story of this man and the cathedral was especially famous in 2005, with the announcement of "Aquarius". Thousands of tourists & students spanish and foreigners came to see the cathedral some months...
The main dome is about 40 meters, and there are 2 towers under construction that will reach between 55 and 65 meters high;)
The cathedral has come to expose at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York.
Catedral de Justo Gallego - Catedral de Mejorada del Campo
45 IMAGES

Main door:

Lateral

Dome 35-45m high:

Nave

Message for Justo Gallego ("This is art, spirit!"):

¿?

A bike of Justo Gallego

Near the cathedral

Una zone

FINISH!!

A question: "A man do the cathedral... really?"

·
Registered
14 Posts
This Justo Gallego is a crazy-hero! I haven't heard anything of him since that awesome Aquarius ad...

It looks very fragile.

·
Neon overdose
3,993 Posts
It's meritorious if he built all that by his own (and some help).. but it's an awful building, and i have serious doubts about the viability of the structure.

·
Madrileñian member
13,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's meritorious if he built all that by his own (and some help).. but it's an awful building, and i have serious doubts about the viability of the structure.
Awful? I don't think it... It isn't the best cathedral (of course) but it's interesing & amazing.

·
:D
2,346 Posts
No me gusta... parece una mezcla de varios estilos de mal gusto... Aun asi es como misteriosa y la historia es admirable. Justo Gallego mis respetos.

·
¡Viva el metro!
DavoR
38,372 Posts
It is not a cathedral, just a church.
;)
My admiration to Justo Gallego.
:eek:kay:

·
Madrileñian member
13,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is not a cathedral, just a church.
;)
My admiration to Justo Gallego.
:eek:kay:
It is not recognised as a cathedral, probably is not a church too because it is still unfinished... But everyone knows as the "Justo Gallego Cathedral"

·
Espere verde
4,796 Posts
The only word that comes to my mind when I see that is "dynamite".

My admiration to Pavlemadrid because he was courageous enough to get in there :eek:kay:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts