SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Those trees at the bottom are a picture/word arent they?

I cant remember what it was, and i cant work it out from the picture. Someone enlighten me.

·
Lurker
3,805 Posts
Malt said:
Those trees at the bottom are a picture/word arent they?

I cant remember what it was, and i cant work it out from the picture. Someone enlighten me.
You might be thinking of Carlton Gardens on the other end of the city where the trees are planted to form a Union Jack from above.

·
Australian EU in London!
906 Posts
Hey Muse, I don't think that's 2003. Main reason being.... Eastern Distributor is still under construction in that pic (but looking closed to finished). Furthermore, the old William Street underpass is still being used. My guess would be sometime in 1999.

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
That can't be from 2003 Muse, there's still a crane on Citigroup and the first of the King Street wharf project is only just underway. 1999 perhaps. Nice find though!

(EDIT: I didn't see the post above before I replied to you muse)

The Melbourne aerial is breathtaking!

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Gee OzFrog and TonyP, I just took the year 2003 from the aerial's URL address (if you right click on it, 2003 is included)...

...but you're right. I didn't notice that Citigroup Tower still had a crane and Aurora Place also has a crane and has barely gotten out of its foundations. Both towers had been completed in 2000.

Just a guess, but maybe 2003 was the year somebody may had finally posted it.

BTW Aussie Steve, loving the Melbourne aerial that you posted. The northern section of St Kilda Road is superb. :eek:kay:

·
Banned
64 Posts
invincible said:
You might be thinking of Carlton Gardens on the other end of the city where the trees are planted to form a Union Jack from above.
Its not Carlton Gardens but Fitzroy Gardens behind the Parliament buildings in East Melbourne where the trees are in the pattern of the Union Flag.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I like , in the 1st image, the street coming in from the bottom left..
is it pedestrian friendly? (the road does look wide)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts