SkyscraperCity banner

4261 - 4280 of 4321 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Still very much looking like a boomtown... skyline from one side to the other just cranes cranes cranes...

NOTE: I ran into the city as exercise is allowed before anyone asks...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Still very much looking like a boomtown... skyline from one side to the other just cranes cranes cranes...

NOTE: I ran into the city as exercise is allowed before anyone asks...

I cycled in along the bike path the other day too. I was amazed at the number of people who were out and about exercising.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I cycled in along the bike path the other day too. I was amazed at the number of people who were out and about exercising.
Yes. Good to see people keeping active responsibly. I cycle this route all the time as well. Fantastic ride/run/walk.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Ditto, the Tan was very busy with people exercising this week (alright, alright, you got me; unlike Melbourneguy and Malvern, I was driving, but I was with them in spirit).

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Have any of Melbourne’s 25 buildings (or so) > 150m u/c ground to a construction halt? I thought there was a “reliable” source stating there was an imminent announcement coming that the industry was shutting down.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Have any of Melbourne’s 25 buildings (or so) > 150m u/c ground to a construction halt? I thought there was a “reliable” source stating there was an imminent announcement coming that the industry was shutting down.
If stage 4 was required there would've been a shutdown, as it currently sits there is no shutdown.. infact all sites are powering along and some sites have moved to UC.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
That’s what I thought... clearly that was a reliable source of an imminent shutdown.
In any event reading the other threads sounds like plenty of new projects in the pipeline getting the tick of approval... including the super tall 350m+ Greenspine tower and its 250m+ second tower...not too shabby either. Plenty more 150m+ on the way.
This thread will continue to have life in it for years to come.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
With everything announced in the last few days and assuming all goes ahead Melbourne should have at least 75 buildings > 150m completed or under construction by next year and of those 32 will be > 200m. The skyline will continue to evolve!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
In about a month or so there will hardly be anything under construction between Flinders St and Bourke St in the CBD other than Premier Tower and a couple of hotels near King and Flinders Lane with all the Collins and Flinders St projects almost completed. The CBUS Spring St project starting now will help but the focus will move again.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'd suggest that with the current economic implosion, most projects that are not currently out of the ground will not proceed and a few of those that are out of the ground (perhaps a few with cranes on them) will halt construction. Things are very serious in financing land

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
All the more reason to celebrate the projects which have started recently e.g. 17 Spring, Escala and the first two buildings of Elizabeth North. Uno will be the icing, as it is looking likely to start.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
So as I suggested in the General Melbourne Discussion thread, let's create a Roll of Honour for all projects starting real construction between 1 April this year and 30 June next year (15 months). We can extend the date if thing remain depressed.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
I keep meaning to swing by 140 Lonsdale (Wesley Place's Federal Police site), to see if they've started work. I think this is clearly a potential candidate for the Roll of Honour. Come on Harry, take a deep breath and get the Meriton one rolling. I won't bump the Uno thread, but I did drop by yesterday (after visiting Vic. Market), and talked to one of the dig blokes. He hadn't heard anything about construction, but the end is in sight for the dig; no more than a month. There were about 8 or 9 workers there yesterday.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
COVID-19 Economic Crash Development Roll of Honour
ProjectCommencement MonthDeveloperHeightUse
17 Spring StreetApril 2020CBUS128mResidential
Victoria and Vine, CollingwoodApril 2020Gurner40mResidential

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
If we're including tall and short, both Escala (24L according to Archi) and CSL (Elizabeth North, 16L) started in April.

4261 - 4280 of 4321 Posts