Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find many photos of our commieblocks, however we have heaps in Melbourne and they are located in the best part of the city (close to the city)
Unfortunately they are only given to all the "bad" people of our society: people who have got out of jail, drug addicts, old people, refugees, unemployed, people with long term diseases.

A few years ago there was a small controversy when a newspaper found out that some people living in those commieblocks have now very good job where they earn up to $70.000 a year and they are still living there paying $50 per week of rent. However the law says that they cannot be kicked out because they received the apartment before they became rich.

·
Banned
7,712 Posts
I couldnt find many photos of our commieblocks, however we have heaps in Melbourne and they are located in the best part of the city (close to the city)
Unfortunately they are only given to all the "bad" people of our society: people who have got out of jail, drug addicts, old people, refugees, unemployed, people with long term diseases.
Stop complaining! Back in the past, those people pretty much built your nation. Without convicts, addicts and such, Australia would never have been inhibited. Deal with your past, thank you.

·
WARREN
8,204 Posts
^^ I love the look of these things - here's one pic that I took from a train of the ones in Richmond:

There's also a Facebook group now for fans of them :nuts:

·
EK5, CX134, NZ722, QF11
953 Posts
A Melbourne commieblock is featured on the back cover of the Skyhooks "Living in the 70's" album.

A commieblock helps to define my journey from the eastern suburbs into the city. You get off the Eastern Fwy, turn left at the lights into Hoddle Street. The first towers that you see are at the corner of Hoddle and Johnston Streets, Collingwood. It means that yau are out of the suburbs and now very near the city. Hope that those two towers are never torn down.

By European standards our commieblocks are few and pretty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts